Narrowband

TeleGizmos Telescope Covers

TeleGizmos telescope covers are now available to buy at FLO B)

We stock both their regular and 365-series covers for a range of telescopes and mounts, at very competitive prices :angel:

The regular series is intended for occasional use and features a multi-layer, polyethylene material with a fully Aluminised surface (developed originally for NASA for use as an insulator in spacecraft). The material strength is equal to other good quality multi-layer lightweight tarps but its heat reflectivity is exceptionally good. 

The heavy-duty 365-series features the same material bonded to an additional outer layer of highly water, UV and mildew-resistant acrylic coated woven polyester. This combination of materials provides years of protection, even when used outside 24/7, 365-days a year. We think it is the BEST telescope cover available! 

Please make allowances for our product photos, we will improve them over time with each Star Party we attend. 

telegizmos_tg09_1.jpg telegizmos_t3r4_1.jpg

Looking good with a water proof option too :happy7: Can the waterproof option be turned inside out so the reflective qualities of the foil still be utilised on sunny days ?

I can recommend Telegizmo covers as my NEQ 6Pro has sat outside for 5 years under a 365 and the only reason I purchased a new cover from the USA last yeat was because a garden firework display rather compromised the outer layer. My fault entirely!  Also my experience of FLO customer service is brilliant. So Telegizmo and FLO combination :icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin: .

George in Lowestoft

14 hours ago, Pig said:

Looking good with a water proof option too :happy7: Can the waterproof option be turned inside out so the reflective qualities of the foil still be utilised on sunny days ?

12 hours ago, DaveS said:

Telegizmos say the guarentee voids if you turn it inside out.

I have 2 of the 365 covers. One over my HEQ5 and mak, the other over the DDM60 and 130 apo rig.

DaveS is right, TeleGizmo's instructions supplied with the 365 Series ask that you not turn the covers inside-out. Doing that can damage the solar liner. Fortunately it is not necessary to turn the cover inside-out, it will maintain a lower temp inside the cover during summer. 

11 hours ago, Hawksmoor said:

I can recommend Telegizmo covers as my NEQ 6Pro has sat outside for 5 years under a 365 and the only reason I purchased a new cover from the USA last yeat was because a garden firework display rather compromised the outer layer. My fault entirely!  Also my experience of FLO customer service is brilliant. So Telegizmo and FLO combination :icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin: .

Thank-you :icon_salut: :smile:

Steve - I use one of these: https://www.firstlightoptics.com/telegizmos-telescope-covers/telegizmos-365-scope-cover-for-12-14-dobsonians.html on my 10" diameter pier with an EQ6 mounted on it and have done so for the last 6 years - the cover is still sound :) I originally intended it for a 14" Dob but it got used on the pier instead.

With a smaller diameter pier and the GPD2 mount you may be able to use the 10-12" version. One thing I have always done is take off the counterweights on the EQ6 though :)

James

Thanks for this, @James. As usual with me and this sort of thing, it has helped to trigger more questions. :icon_biggrin:

15 hours ago, James said:

One thing I have always done is take off the counterweights on the EQ6 though :)

When you say "take off the counterweights", do you mean just the counterweights or the shaft as well?

I have since done a bit more research on this and am now considering the idea of leaving the scope (4" apo) on the mount and getting the refractor cover:
* Does its design pose any restrictions on the angle at which I park the telescope (&, if so, what - could I, for example, park the scope horizontally, perpendicular to the weight shaft, or must they be in the same or similar vertical plane)? 
* I realise the images on the web page are for "illustrative purposes", but they seemed to have "skirts" designed to accommodate tripods; are they suitable for piers?

• 9 months later...

Archived