Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skysafari basic, Plus & Pro 50% off this weekend

Isn't that always the way ?

It was only last week, while away in La Palma that we upgraded Susie from Sky Portal to Sky Safari Plus !!

Ah well. I'll tell her the difference comes off her Gin ration down at the village pub this evening ??

2 minutes ago, Littleguy80 said:

I've only ever used Sky Guide on my phone. What makes SkySafari the best, Gus? 

Never tried Sky Guide, but did have a couple of other astronomy apps before I got Skysafari, which were OK, but nothing up to Skysafari standard. Basically I use it to not only tour the night sky, with which it is extremely accurate in doing so, but also via wifi connection with Celestron Skyportal I use Skysafari to control and select objects I want to see with my Goto mount. And that means anything which is I Skysafari's database, which is huge! Much more than the 40,000 items programmed in the Goto mount itself. You can also creat observations logs too very easily of objects you've seen, plus go loads of other stuff too. In fact there is so much stuff you can do with it I'm sure there are things I'm not aware of yet! Hehe!

Best app I ever bought for my iPad and my iPhone. :) 

2 hours ago, Knighty2112 said:

Probably the best astronomy app for iOS or Android, so snap it up whilst you can!

Thanks for the heads  up

just purchased Skysafari 5 plus for £6.99 :happy7:

5 hours ago, Racey said:

Isn't that always the way ?

It was only last week, while away in La Palma that we upgraded Susie from Sky Portal to Sky Safari Plus !!

Ah well. I'll tell her the difference comes off her Gin ration down at the village pub this evening ??

Don't you give her anything but the best, and plenty of it.

:icon_biggrin:

I recently put the Plus version on my phone; it's great. Well worth a shot of the best gin.

2 hours ago, iPeace said:

Don't you give her anything but the best, and plenty of it.

:icon_biggrin:

I recently put the Plus version on my phone; it's great. Well worth a shot of the best gin.

I'm in the "Pro" (Double Shot of Gin)  version.... We muddle through....

I use the Henry Draper catalogue a lot but can`t see if Skysafari includes it, been on the web site but no specific catalogue info. anyone confirm it does include this please?.

thanks

Steve

1 hour ago, Gasman said:

I use the Henry Draper catalogue a lot but can`t see if Skysafari includes it, been on the web site but no specific catalogue info. anyone confirm it does include this please?.

thanks

Steve

Looks like it does. Typed in HDxxxxx in search criteria and came up OK. The picture below shows HD number for Vega. HTH. :) 

IMG_0487.thumb.PNG.cea24ec7ddcbcc31d7bbee1fe72d6795.PNG

• 1 month later...

Archived