Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
alanjgreen

SOLD - FLO Cheshire eyepiece

For Sale: Unused FLO Premium Cheshire Collimating Eyepiece

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/other-collimation-tools/premium-cheshire-collimating-eyepiece.html

The essential accessory for anyone owning a Newtonian telescope.

This premium combined Cheshire Collimator with Sight Tube is manufactured for us here in the UK to a very high standard. Beautifully machined and anodised with a clearly etched cross on the target face and a precisely centred wire reticle

The sighting tube’s narrow field of view and crosshairs provide a centring reference for the telescope’s optical elements. The Cheshire eyepiece has a means of providing illumination to a target face (set at 45 degrees to the illuminating hole) that will be used to collimate the primary mirror.

NOW SOLD

ches2.jpg

ches1.jpg

Edited by alanjgreen

Hi Alan,

I'd love this if it's still available?

Many thanks

Vern

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By astrosathya
      I have encountered a unique problem last night while trying to image using my GSO RC6.
      The scope is well collimated using a long Cheshire as well as a Howie Glatter single beam laser for verification. CCD inspector also gives me good results when checking with an artificial star. However, when I check using a collimation cap the innermost shadow looks offcentered as well as when I pointed the scope on a real star yesterday (Alp Libra) as well as Spica, it showed a crescent shaped star. This I found to be really weird. Anyone have any idea whats happening here? I live in Bangalore, India, so there's virtually no cool down time required. The temperature gradient between outside and inside is very little if any. 
    • By astrosathya
      Hi everyone,
      I recently got myself a GSO 6" f/4 astrograph, but seems like the secondary mirror was quite off. I then tried collimation using Astro Baby's tutorials, and others around the net. I've had a few Nets during the past 20 years, but this one seems to be a bit of a pain to get right. The secondary holder is a bit stiff. Anyone here done any mods for the scope and have reasonably good performance? I'be attached an image with Mire De Collimation circles. Image shows the reflection of primary, followed by the edge of secondary and followed by the grey card placed behind the secondary, which ends with the focuser tube. Any help will be appreciated.
      Edit: If I were to move the secondary towards 2'o'clock position, could it solve the problem?

• By kev100
      Couple of collimator devices no longer needed:
      Cheshire EP (long type): £12 inc UK P&P
      Laser collimator: £8 inc UK P&P SOLD
      Kev

• By russ.will
      Mint condition Farpoint 1.25" laser collimator and Cheshire eyepiece kit. Comes with mirror center spot mask and three remaining center spots. £55 posted Paypal only.

• By adavies660
      Now in it's 5th year
      This event is a non profit event and in previous years all profits went towards us working with young people disengaged from education. 
      This year all profits will go towards astronomy outreach in the North West of England and the profits will be divided up between all clubs and societies who participate at the festival by way of a stall/outreach.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.