SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Powermate for planetary

Hello guys and girls.

I would like to start some planetary imaging and I was wondering what powermate should I go for. I've seen a x5 on ASBS but I'm  thinking that it might be too much and I wouldn't  want to buy something just to keep it in my drawer.

My gear is in my signature. 

Thanks

Emil

Will I be able to achieve focus with the 200p and dslr? I didn't upgrade my focuser so I only have the standard one. Would I still need to use the baader mpcc and guider for planetary imaging?

How would I set them up? 

Emil

5x your pixel size to get the optimum f/ so yes a 4x is good. You don't need to guide or a coma corrector. For planets you use video captures to perform 'lucky imaging'. I can't answer the focus question, sorry. Just be aware before you invest that the best targets are poorly placed for some years now in the UK. It will be 5 years before Jupiter is nicely elevated and nearer 11 years for Saturn.

Archived