SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

LES GRANGES NARROWBAND EXPERIMENTS

ollypenrice

Another go with Ha, O111, Hb. The last one was short of time; I got 55, 55, 40 mins in. I don't know what I think of the colours this time. Well, I do; I don't really like them! They look like a colour scheme for the Woodland Trust. Tell you what, though, there was a majpr distraction last night because two guests came armed with a 13mm TeleVue Ethos eyepiece. Can it be worth five hundred pounds? Answer... it's worth a grand. What a view. The glass just seems to disappear, it is so contrasty, transparent and sharp. The twenty inch here is f4.1 and has no coma corrector, yet the whole field (and there's a lot of it) was mmmmmm.... lovely!

Olly

post-15040-133877345511_thumb.jpg

Stop it,Stop it! Olly. There's no need to be so cruel. You could have told a white lie and said it was not too bad. :)

I'm so envious. Although it is hard to believe the justification for such a price tag for an eyepiece, I realize you are not exaggerating, I can sense it. I only know of one other member who owns one of those Ethos wonders, but I have not heard a report yet.

On the Image, which is the prime subject of your post, It is a bit colourful to say the least, but I like the appearance, although I am mono orientated guy. Interesting it certainly is, and the green is the Oxygen? There seems to be plenty of it.

Ron. :(

Hi Ron,

Well, I have to be honest about the Ethos. I have a Nagler, two Panoptics and a Radian here and am firmly convinced that you can't beat TeleVue, though there are other good makes. But that Ethos is simply on another level. It wasn't so much the staggering field that got me as the sharpness and almost eerie transparency.

I'm glad you don't like the colours on my image! I don't either, as I say, but they do help define the structure. Yes, the green is the O111.

Olly.

Hi Ron,

Well, I have to be honest about the Ethos. I have a Nagler, two Panoptics and a Radian here and am firmly convinced that you can't beat TeleVue, though there are other good makes. But that Ethos is simply on another level. It wasn't so much the staggering field that got me as the sharpness and almost eerie transparency.

I'm glad you don't like the colours on my image! I don't either, as I say, but they do help define the structure. Yes, the green is the O111.

Olly.

Olly, I said your image was a bit colourful, not that I disliked it. It is different from what I'm used to seeing with this nebula. I must stress that my knowledge of imaging using filters is somewhat bare, and that applies doubly to narrowband. I leave the worthwhile comments to those who know what they are talking about. Your image has quality, that I can tell, but I wouldn't dare disseminate it further than that. I do hope I didn't offend in any way.

I need a lottery win for the Ethos though. :)

Ron. :thumbright:

Hi Olly,

Lovely image, if you do not like the colours, try different combination when combining, ie use the HB for Green or Blue, and same with OIII, .

About the eyepieces well, wish i had persuaded Dave to bring his when we were there in Aug.

Nice detail thou, great

Paul J

You are all very kind! No offence, Ron, not at all. I just felt that there was a touch of Ted Moult's trousers about the colours! Am now busy on a narrowband Helix so I'll try some of Paul's ideas.

Back to work!

Olly.

PS just had a look at M22 in the Ethos. Too good.

Archived