Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Archimedes. 5 April 2017

colin2007

This was a rare thing for me these days but I actually stayed up late! the evening had been very cloudy but the forecast was for clear skies by midnight and sure enough in the early hours of Wednesday  morning I was outside with my scope. The only drawback is that because my dobsonian is sat low then objects that are still high will soon disappear behind a fence and this what happened here. I could have spent a lot longer on this sketch but my fence put an end to that. I will return to Archimedes again some time and have another go at sketching this crater. I was really enjoying this observing session as well.

4.thumb.jpg.d63c75aa732e4b58f118c99f0baa3704.jpg

41 minutes ago, Astro Imp said:

Well done Colin, I just wish I could sketch but have absolutely no talent in the art department.

Thank you astro. You do not need any artistic skills to draw the lunar features, but I would practise copying photographs of craters first and when you feel confident enough I would venture outside with your scope and have a go. You will amaze yourself. :)

Archived