Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EQ8 Motherboard help

reddoss

I am going to have to change the motherboard in my EQ8. I have discussed the autoguiding problems (no ST4, HitechAstro & Shoestring, or EQmod control through the autoguiding port, have  EQmod control but no pulse guiding through the handset) with Altair Astro and the motherboard seems to be the most likely culprit

Are there any video tutorials or comprehensive instructions on how to do this anywhere?

Cheers,

Justyn

1 hour ago, Starlight 1 said:

Can you do ST4 from camera to mount , that bypass the HitechAstro & Shoestring  Ps I do not have this mount, so I am only thinking.

I tried that as well, which is why we all think it's the motherboard that's a fault. 

Hi Justyn

Does it work ok with the handset, if it has one ?? if it does & works ok, then I'd suspect the connectors\cables so before sourcing a board do a few more checks. I don't hve one your mounts, but Synta usuall make it relatively easy to get at the motherboard as long as your careful with the internal connectors.

3 hours ago, Dr_Ju_ju said:

Hi Justyn

Does it work ok with the handset, if it has one ?? if it does & works ok, then I'd suspect the connectors\cables so before sourcing a board do a few more checks. I don't hve one your mounts, but Synta usuall make it relatively easy to get at the motherboard as long as your careful with the internal connectors.

The mount slewing etc itself is fine through the handset on its own or QEmod through the hand set, but not EQmod through the autoguiding port. Have check all the leads and cables many times, have two separate HitechAstro USB hubs.

Can you be more specific when you say 'careful with the internal connectors' do you mean not too much force?

Cheers

The connectors for the motors\encoders are usually small molex types with short cables...

But back to your problem, if all is ok through the handset, I'd have a good look at the guider port & make sure all is ok, but looking at the manual isn't the auto-guider port an ST4 port so wouldn't work with your shoestring cable etc. which should be plugged in instead of the hand set ...

Archived