Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC6946 ..... Again

Sam

This one has more data added, so now its:

10 X 8mins

2 X 7mins

16 X 5 Mins

2hrs 54mins in total at iso 800, darks and flats used. This is my best galaxy shot so far :) . Loads more detail starting to show including some of the dust lanes. Minimal processing done on this one just a bit of levels and curves in PixInsight.

7910_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Sam

Just been checking unread posts of the last couple of days (quite a few) but have been warned........... "I hope your not thinking of spending all day fiddling with that computer......It is a Bank Holiday you know........ :)

Anyway,I think that is an excellent image with really nice colour in the galaxy and stars....... so had a quick 'fiddle' to just darken the background and increase the saturation a little.

Cheers

CW

Click as usual.

Yes, It's bodied up nicely now Sam, a nice piece of work my friend. That Orange coloured star is nice too. The spirals are also well defined. A real nice result.

CW's process has certainly brought it to centre stage. I Quite like that too.

Ron. :)

Sam,

I also joined the queue.

Pasted into ps. Duplicate. Filter, Noise, Dust & Scratched, 28 pixels threshold 0.

Then highlight the original, then Image, apply image, you can choose the percentage.

Then finish off with levels.

Not as good as CWs.

John

7921_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Thanks for all your help chaps. I like Kevin's the best - it preserved more of the galaxy and looks a bit more natural IMHO. I've combined all of your advice and come up with this:

7938_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

What do you reckon?

Sam

I reckon it's brilliant Sam, really good.

Couldn't resist having a play myself though. There is a hard gradient in the bottom left corner, I think perhaps some flats may sort that out for you.

Here's what I came up with.

Cheers

TJ

7941_large.jpeg

Archived