SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SGL 2017 Chit chat

cjdawson

Leaving at 5, phone saying 2hrs to get there. Hopefully I'll catch the quiz, or at least a bit of it.

When I got out my 8" dob last night I noticed a couple of spiders in there, and some cobwebs. I haven't used it in months due to the weather, hopefully I'll get a chance this weekend.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sat here totally mystified having lost track of my air-bed. I know I got it down from the loft but now it's vanished. 

Worse, I've now done my back in heaving the ladder down from the loft when I went looking for it just now.

If it turns up and my back behaves itself I'll be along, otherwise have fun folks, I'll be thinking of you.

Next year a campervan.

Got up at 3am, to stretch my legs. Some clear bits. Then suddenly it became clear for an hour. Didn't have the scope set up unfortunately. But enjoyed some lovely views of the stars from such a nice dark sky. Orion was particularly stunning. You just don't get to see the sky as it's supposed to be seen from a light polutted city. (Nottingham). Fingers crossed for Saturday. @john, yea team virgins was robbed. Good fun.

Time chaps and ladies to start going from the bar area :-) to the scopes me thinks.

Cloud cover is lifting where I am and numerous stars and constalations are starting to come through.

Hope this is a sign for a good night for you all at the SGL party. Have fun :-)

There are stars showing here in North Somerset but the seeing of not that steady here and neither is the transparency when you come to actually try and observe something faint :rolleyes2:

No reply from Lucksall either means it's clear there and everyone is out observing or ...... everybodies at the bar ! :icon_biggrin:

Have fun whatever the weather folks :icon_biggrin:

Well we've managed a few hours of viewing ?  Lots of the time there has been lots of moisture in the air, but still managed to have some fun with the dob ?  Great to catch up with @Tim and Julie who made an evening excursion!

Well done to @SimonS for successfully setting up his mount for the first time and then getting it working smoothly with Stellarium ?  Onwards and upwards....

Dew stopped play for me, but heading for bed happy ?  It has been a good day all round.

Helen

I turned in just after Orion started appearing above the horizon because of a dewed up frac and a partly dewed up primary mirror on the dob, but I'd had several hours of observing and went to bed happy.

Stretched my legs at 04:30 but wall to wall cloud :clouds1: so back to bed now.

Ade

A good nights work! Thanks Helen for the views through the obsession on its first light - not envious at all. And thanks to the Nottingham lads too. 

Back at my scope some good views of mainly doubles and clusters. Glad I came. Will be returning, as will, to my (pleasant) surprise, The Present Mrs Foster. 

Archived