SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SGL 2017 Chit chat

cjdawson

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got some good clear spells for a few hours until just about 1am, and got a great haul of things. Will post up a thread on it later on, but managed to see the eastern and western veil very easily, along with a good smattering of NGC’s & Messier’s. Only downside was my WiFi decided not to work on the scope, so used the hand control instead on the SE mount. No big deal really! :) 

19 minutes ago, Helen said:

Thanks @JoeP it was good to see you again :smile: Hope you managed some good views with your Dob last night!

Helen

PS if you want to try the impact calculator it is here http://education.down2earth.eu/impact_calculator 

Thanks, I'll have a play around! I'll share the link with the leader of school's astronomy club too, I'm sure some of the other kids would enjoy it.

Just now, JoeP said:

Thanks, I'll have a play around! I'll share the link with the leader of school's astronomy club too, I'm sure some of the other kids would enjoy it.

Great Joe :smile: you can make lots of holes in Mars and the Moon as well as Earth :wink: 

Have fun!

Helen

So, despite the on/off conditions from Saturday night - panel 2 worked out fairly ok. It will need another couple of hours to get the noise down to an acceptable level - but when added to the first panel, its starting to shape up nicely :) For sure it will need another panel to the right, just so the Cave doesnt look so "squeezed in" and have a better overall composition. Possibly some work needs doing on the dynamic range too, since the bubble blows out quite easily when stretching the rest of the image:

Image2test2_75_web.thumb.jpg.2c2e4ed10361a7a0ced5f8c10e310308.jpg

My first SGL star party for myself and my brother,  could only make Saturday night and really enjoyed it. Thanks to all who put in such a great deal of work to make events like this happen. Got the gear to work in the field and managed some 12 min subs on M33 but missed out on the blue channel so added in some historic data from my back yard. Now back home and a bit tired but a quick calibration and process on APP and Startools. Hope you get some clear sky tonight and nobody gets blown away tomorrow. 

Ps would the campsite owners consider lopping off some of the trees to the South of Buzzard?:icon_mrgreen:

Steve

IMG_0205.JPG

Archived