SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SGL 2017 Chit chat

cjdawson

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pile of kit building up downstairs. Bringing HEQ5, ED80 and elderly modded DSLR, plus Lunt solar for those balmy, sunny days. Picking up and packing hired motorcaravan on Thursday afternoon, planning to get to Lucksall about lunchtime Friday  (unlike last year, when a later pickup meant I arrived in the dark when you were all curried up and Michael had started the quiz). Visited Majestic Wine this morning to top up my supply of "The Astronomer" Shiraz.

Damn!!, All this Banter is depressing me, Coz. I am not going to be there for this one.
Only contribution  I can offer, Is a genuine hope that you get very good night skies,
and you all have a cracking good time.   
You all get there and back safely now, enjoy the Hog Roast, the Breakfasts, The quiz. and 
to  whom it concerns, the Booze.
Have a Ball Guys and Gals.  I'll be there in Spirit.

20 minutes ago, barkis said:

Damn!!, All this Banter is depressing me, Coz. I am not going to be there for this one.
Only contribution  I can offer, Is a genuine hope that you get very good night skies,
and you all have a cracking good time.   
You all get there and back safely now, enjoy the Hog Roast, the Breakfasts, The quiz. and 
to  whom it concerns, the Booze.
Have a Ball Guys and Gals.  I'll be there in Spirit.

We'll miss you Ron! :sad:

I'm not sure now that I'll be able to make it :(.

Been getting a bit of a thumping head and sore eyes on and off, now throat's starting to get a bit sore and nose running a bit. Too early to tell if it's going to develop into a "streamer" and I'll prepare to come anyway, just don't count on it. Colds give me nose-bleeds and I don't want one on the road or at camp.

I'm not formally cancelling as I don't want to burn my bridges 'till I cone to them (To mix metaphors), I'll just bear the cost anyway.

10 hours ago, michaelmorris said:

Astro kit + gin, wine, beer port and fine malt whisky now all sitting in the front room ready to pack into the motorhome on Friday morning.  We'll aim to be on site before 11:00 am. :icon_biggrin:

Don’t forget the astro gear???

Does anyone know what traffic around Gloucester is like on a Friday lunchtime? Tossing up if it's best to go over the bridge or keep on the M5 to 11A to pick up the A40.

Same distance give or take and similar journey time, unless the traffic is heavy one way or the other, hence the question.

48 minutes ago, johnfosteruk said:

Does anyone know what traffic around Gloucester is like on a Friday lunchtime? Tossing up if it's best to go over the bridge or keep on the M5 to 11A to pick up the A40.

Same distance give or take and similar journey time, unless the traffic is heavy one way or the other, hence the question.

I was wondering the same thing, to cross the Severn crossing or not? Hmm. 

On 10/10/2017 at 10:40, michaelmorris said:

The ever-tolerant Mrs M is coming along for 4 nights.

2 hours ago, johnfosteruk said:

Excellent, glad the Present Mrs Foster won't feel lonely :)

The ever-tolerant Mr Helen (Mike!) is also popping along on Saturday and Sunday (I'm sure it is not just the hog roast that is attracting him!!)

Helen

goodluck everybody, hope you have fantastic skys and a great time. id love to be there with you all but my Lupus wont let me. could you have the next one nearer to Carmarthen so I could get there and back by the cover of darkness, we have wonderfull skys here :icon_biggrin:. clear skys, charl.

PS please posts some pics and updates so I can see how everybodys doing.

Archived