Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_peoples_choice_2018_banner.thumb.jpg.f1bf2f8261e1689d19f116486df2bc89.jpg

jambouk

12v terminals

What are these terminals called? I need to find some male equivalents.

Thanks

James

IMG_0582.JPG

IMG_0583.JPG

look like some form of molex, although with molex one side is usually a different shape to stop them being connected the wrong way around. They are often crimped rather than soldered.  

Ah ok. Cheers. I'll measure them and see if any match.

the connector looks like a "Tamiya" one used for R/C modelling you could try a model shop for it.  if one of the plastic part of the pin  is round and the other is square they are usually used on battery packs. hope this helps

http://www.componentshop.co.uk/leads-and-connectors/connectors/tamiya-connector

Andy

Edited by fozzybear

22 hours ago, fozzybear said:

the connector looks like a "Tamiya" one used for R/C modelling you could try a model shop for it.  if one of the plastic part of the pin  is round and the other is square they are usually used on battery packs. hope this helps

http://www.componentshop.co.uk/leads-and-connectors/connectors/tamiya-connector

Andy

It's certainly not a Tamiya connector, or even an old one. The lock tab on the Tamiya's is always on top to avoid wrong connection.

• Like 1

Don't recognise that, not that I know much.  What's on the other end of the cable James, battery ?

Think you may be snipping off & replacing, example may be the male ?  good size - same as your thumb.

1 hour ago, Daz69 said:

It's certainly not a Tamiya connector, or even an old one. The lock tab on the Tamiya's is always on top to avoid wrong connection.

It was just off the top of my head back in the days when I did R/C modelling sorry to confuse anyone. after looking it is a molex

On 06/04/2017 at 23:19, fozzybear said:

It was just off the top of my head back in the days when I did R/C modelling sorry to confuse anyone. after looking it is a molex

From my R/C days as well, and rubbish Ni-Cads :D  Wish we had LiPos and brushless motors back then.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Daz69 said:

From my R/C days as well, and rubbish Ni-Cads :D  Wish we had LiPos and brushless motors back then.

I was a member of URCCC good old days those nicads they blow really well when over charged. so do LI-PO... rs540 motors I do miss then STD ones. then the days off modified rotors...

I've still got a a model car circa 1980 in my garage how times have changed.

• Like 1

We went Nicad - NiMh - Lipo and brushed to brushless motors (10th off road Oxon), NiMh were known to explode, I think think the tech was just pushed to far. Lipo and brushless provided so much power and run time we were putting weight in the cars to keep them on the ground, awesome.

sorry off topic,  did we find the connector? 

Lol, no. But I might get my mate to cut into the leads and attach new connectors; I will just use these batteries to power the LED circuit at the observatory. I still need to work out how much current the circuit draws.

James

• Like 2