Jump to content

Banner.jpg.39bf5bb2e6bf87794d3e2a4b88f26f1b.jpg

12v terminals


jambouk
 Share

Recommended Posts

look like some form of molex, although with molex one side is usually a different shape to stop them being connected the wrong way around. They are often crimped rather than soldered.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

the connector looks like a "Tamiya" one used for R/C modelling you could try a model shop for it.  if one of the plastic part of the pin  is round and the other is square they are usually used on battery packs. hope this helps

http://www.componentshop.co.uk/leads-and-connectors/connectors/tamiya-connector

Andy

Edited by fozzybear
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, fozzybear said:

the connector looks like a "Tamiya" one used for R/C modelling you could try a model shop for it.  if one of the plastic part of the pin  is round and the other is square they are usually used on battery packs. hope this helps

http://www.componentshop.co.uk/leads-and-connectors/connectors/tamiya-connector

Andy

It's certainly not a Tamiya connector, or even an old one. The lock tab on the Tamiya's is always on top to avoid wrong connection.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't recognise that, not that I know much.  What's on the other end of the cable James, battery ?

Think you may be snipping off & replacing, example may be the male ?  good size - same as your thumb.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Daz69 said:

It's certainly not a Tamiya connector, or even an old one. The lock tab on the Tamiya's is always on top to avoid wrong connection.

It was just off the top of my head back in the days when I did R/C modelling sorry to confuse anyone. after looking it is a molex

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 06/04/2017 at 23:19, fozzybear said:

It was just off the top of my head back in the days when I did R/C modelling sorry to confuse anyone. after looking it is a molex

From my R/C days as well, and rubbish Ni-Cads :D  Wish we had LiPos and brushless motors back then.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Daz69 said:

From my R/C days as well, and rubbish Ni-Cads :D  Wish we had LiPos and brushless motors back then.

I was a member of URCCC good old days those nicads they blow really well when over charged. so do LI-PO... rs540 motors I do miss then STD ones. then the days off modified rotors...

I've still got a a model car circa 1980 in my garage how times have changed.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We went Nicad - NiMh - Lipo and brushed to brushless motors (10th off road Oxon), NiMh were known to explode, I think think the tech was just pushed to far. Lipo and brushless provided so much power and run time we were putting weight in the cars to keep them on the ground, awesome.

sorry off topic,  did we find the connector? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lol, no. But I might get my mate to cut into the leads and attach new connectors; I will just use these batteries to power the LED circuit at the observatory. I still need to work out how much current the circuit draws.

James

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.