SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

That "Now why haven't I tried this before" moment...

Mak One

As part of my session from Sunday 02 April, I finally got around to trying some lunar shots with the ED80Pro and a "bought a while ago at IAF but barely seen the light of day (or night)" 2.5x Celestron Luminos 2" barlow.  Now, as a combo it doesn't seem to get in quite as close as the 150 Mak, and perhaps it's a bit softer on detail in good seeing, but I don't think it's too bad for a little 80mm 'scope, and easier to focus.  Shot below taken using the ZWO ASI120MM, red filtered.  500 frames in Sharpcap2.9 and run through Registax 6:

58e4098453d6f_MareNectarisandRupesAltai19_03_46.thumb.jpg.3874c281adaad1176398d11c6330df80.jpg

(Got to say the Celestron barlow is a thing of manufacturing beauty - when removing the 1.25" adapter with the plastic insert end cap in place, it creates a nice suction between the 1.25" section and the 2" section.  Reassuringly accurately made...:))

Thanks for looking.

Archived