SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Apollo 15 landing site on view now

John

Lovely views of the moon tonight :icon_biggrin:

The Hadley Rille and the Apollo 15 landing area in the foothills of the Apennine Mountains is displayed very nicely right now.

Here is a location photo:

Apollo-15-South-up_STv2_edited-1.jpg

1 hour ago, John said:

Lovely views of the moon tonight :icon_biggrin:

The Hadley Rille and the Apollo 15 landing area

Thanks John, :thumbsup: yes excellent sky, caught me by surprise, so I was admiring Rupes Recta and Birt - magnificent just off the terminator.

Came in to revise from a chart and caught your timely heads-up :) I had forgotten to check out that end so I had to nip back out pronto :D

31 minutes ago, iPeace said:

tmp_26614-DSC_04831535854428.thumb.JPG.f28f04442e007ff4bf5fd1ae42753f6a.JPG

Only name the ones you keep. Mine has its own box.

And there was I thinking of Laurel and Hardy ! :rolleyes2:

If I was to name mine after my cases I'd have 2 called Maplins and 1 called Jessops. Perhaps not...

54 minutes ago, iPeace said:

Stanley - workmanlike as ever - showing me where Dave Scott once walked.

tmp_26614-DSC_0482492020839.thumb.JPG.5a7e1e489b003dbc69765aa23d4adddd.JPG

Looks more like a rocket about to head off up there Mike! :) 

Just how many tube rings does it take to stop Stanley escaping? ;) 

9 minutes ago, Stu said:

Looks more like a rocket about to head off up there Mike! :) 

Just how many tube rings does it take to stop Stanley escaping? ;) 

Belt, braces and OCD. I suspect he'll be wearing his original clamshell sometime soon.

:icon_biggrin:

Just now, Tonynexevo925 said:

???

If you named him after his case then I suppose my TV85 is called Thomann - sounds like the name of a Norse god - I like it ?

Shhhhhhhttt! I told him that I had the case custom made for him!

:grin:

I've just packed up as well. Nice watching the transit of Io. Seeing not the best but not so bad either.

The lunar views earlier plus the tight triple star in Cancer, Tegmine, were excellent. Jupter was made interesting by the transit of Io.

Still trying to work out whether the HEQ5 does a better job of carrying the 5.1" triplet than the Ercole does :icon_scratch:

I guess the answer is that they both do pretty good but do it quite differently :smiley:

5 minutes ago, John said:

I've just packed up as well. Nice watching the transit of Io. Seeing not the best but not so bad either.

The lunar views earlier plus the tight triple star in Cancer, Tegmine, were excellent. Jupter was made interesting by the transit of Io.

Still trying to work out whether the HEQ5 does a better job of carrying the 5.1" triplet than the Ercole does :icon_scratch:

I guess the answer is that they both do pretty good but do it quite differently :smiley:

The Ercole is lovely for panning around, but needs the clamps engaged for full security, at which point you lose the ability to pan around. I suppose a mount like the HEQ5 is somewhat the opposite, keeps the scope immobile by default and provides fine control.

I sure am loving the AZ8.

:icon_biggrin:

Archived