Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Moon with Orion 9x50 finder and Barlowed Polemaster.

Guest Tuomo

Guest Tuomo

I know, we all have seen those INSANELY detailed images of moon here at SGL. But still I think I want to show something quite suprising....well, for me :)

58e3f24a7a8c7_Kuu4.4_2017.thumb.jpg.cae6e523a694a31a860cdcf122e30145.jpg

Not bad, considering I used finder/guider with Baader hyperion 2.25 barlow and Polemaster.
Image is captured with SharpCap and stacked with AS!2. I think I had nearly 4000 frames and I used about 10% of frames. Did some magic with PS.

Very nice indeed! Thank you for sharing it with us.

Little telescopes - to include 9 X 50mm & 8 X 50mm finders - are often overlooked by us. We tend to think of them as only a tool to get places, rather than decent instruments in their own rights. Ditto with the venerable ST80's - though those are coming into wider recognition as of late. More images from folks like you and they'll soon take their proper place.

Keep up the great work!

Dave

Guest Tuomo

Thanks for the feedback! Can you guys help me out and tell me why there are some highly pixelated areas in the image? Is it result of extreme sharpening?

1 hour ago, Tuomo said:

Thanks for the feedback! Can you guys help me out and tell me why there are some highly pixelated areas in the image? Is it result of extreme sharpening?

The short answer is Yes.  The little pure white pixels are created by over sharpening. 

Archived