DSO - M48

Date - 02/04/17

Time - 22:45

Lunar Phase - First quarter 38%

Seeing - good

Equipment - Celestron Nexstar 6SE

Eyepieces - Televue Ethos 13mm

Additional info - 

As the title suggests it was First Light for my ethos 13mm and this occasion warranted a sketch to cement the night in memory.

I decided on M48 an open cluster in Hydra which was positioned really well for me to observe and almost filled the massive FOV of the ethos with stars.

There was a rich variety of stars of different brightness and colours in this pretty big open cluster I spent a good hour sketching.

The EP was a joy to use and the detail allowed me to put everything in this sketch enjoy.

Clear skies ✨????

Richard

IMG_5486.JPG

I agree it's a nice sketch of the stars, your cluster has 2 distinctive triangles which is a nice feature for a cluster. I like when they have characteristic features like that and Hydra if a fascinating constellation too, nice place to go on a trip.

Also congratulations for your new Ethos 13mm wow! you are lucky to own one of those. (:

Thank you Marios and Neptune, I was very pleased with this sketch considering the close proximity with the moon.

Yes there were very distinctive shapes which was lovely to observe ?

Im still over the moon about owning one it took a bit of luck to get one and selling a pretty good EP in the bargain but I made the right choice ?

Richard

Archived