SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Televue Ethos 13mm First Light!!!

8 minutes ago, Racey said:

If only we had one scope ?

See signature... :icon_scratch:

Yes, that was careless ;) 

It's not the number of scopes but the variance in focal lengths and focal ratios which causes the issues. You have scopes from f4.5 to f10, so a 21mm eyepiece will produce a 2.1mm exit pupil in the Edge, great for DSO observing, and a 4.6mm in the Flextube, more suitable as a Finder eyepiece or for filtered views perhaps. It would also give a nice 3.5 degree field of view in the TS so multiple and different uses.

It's well worth drawing up a spreadsheet with all the different factors so you can see where there is common ground and which ones would be most useful in each scope.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Stu

Firgive me if that came over inappropriately. It wasn't aimed at you at all ! I've got spreadsheets coming out of my ears ?

I think the best advice I could heed mirrors what happened with the Dob purchase. 

If you remember, you, @Scoot, @Saganite, @faulksy, @estwing all offered suggestions and options to consider or try before you buy...

And what did I do..?

Blaze ahead and buy with never having looked through a reflector of any size !!!

And it's worked out tremendously. 

So maybe, fortified by a lovely bottle of Domaine de Minuty, I should just pull the trigger and remember "one life..."

@FLO... Incoming... ?

9 hours ago, estwing said:

You can't make a bad purchase if you ask on here first!

This week's Lottery Numbers ?? 

?

Dont tell me... It's got 21, 13, and 8 ??

I sometimes forget people have more then one scope, if that's the case a great variety of eps is essential.

For me 4 eps and a Barlow is more then enough for my lonesome dob... ?

I was also offered the try before you buy option but I thought what the heck, glad I did ?

22 hours ago, Racey said:

So maybe, fortified by a lovely bottle of Domaine de Minuty, I should just pull the trigger and remember "one life..."

@FLO... Incoming... ?

I do hope Mrs Racey was involved in both the consumption of the wine and purchase strategy Mr Racey.
Otherwise unapproved purchasing may be a misdeamenour :evil:

Archived