Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

41P timelapse from EAA session

AKB

I managed to make a 10 x 1 minute capture of 41P last night.   Quattro 8-CF, HEQ5-Pro guided, Ultrastar.

Here's a GIF movie.  I've done nothing except stretching and checking the star alignment.

I've not tried this before (in fact, this is my first imaged comet) so a moderately pleasing result.

AK

41P.gif.d17bc1ff97d468234803ef0e3bf51d19.gif

2 minutes ago, Martin Meredith said:

That's really great! Congratulations. One fast-moving comet.

Thanks very much!  Yes indeed, if you say so... I have nothing to compare with it!

3 minutes ago, Martin Meredith said:

Are you simply superimposing saved pngs (or similar) to produce the animated gif, or did you have to do any star alignment? I guess no need if you're in EQ mode.

Yes, this is guided in EQ mode, so no need for further alignment.  I just did a batch stretch of the raw FITS and used an online JPG to GIF convertor (http://gifmaker.me/). So these are genuinely the frames as seen during the EAA session.

1 hour ago, Paul81 said:

Really like the animation - shows the dynamic nature of the comet! Great stuff!

Thanks Paul.  I wasn't thinking about doing an animation during the capture, just enjoying it at the time... I would have done longer, but Starlight Live encourages you to move on and seek out other wonders.

Did I ever say 'thank you' for that fine software?  Thank you!

8 hours ago, AKB said:

Thanks Paul.  I wasn't thinking about doing an animation during the capture, just enjoying it at the time... I would have done longer, but Starlight Live encourages you to move on and seek out other wonders.

Did I ever say 'thank you' for that fine software?  Thank you!

You are welcome - I'm always glad to see it's useful and opening up more of the sky to people!

Archived