SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Moon - Delambre - Taylor

N3ptune

Hello astronomers!

I am just back from outside where I worked on this sketch.

The moon was high with perfect transparency. I used 212x , with the Neodymium filter with a clean and stable view, a charm. Also, a Fujiyama orthoscopic eyepiece is on it's way home soon and it will provide a new power (hopefully usable) for moon sketches 286x, with a barlow.  (I can't wait to try it and love it :hello2:)

Again, this sketch was a painful exercise,  98% of it was done outside standing and looking inside the ES 4.7mm, using the 203mm x 1000 reflector.

--> I am happy with it, it was really hard to do, many interesting scenes were visible on the moon tonight. :smiley:

MRj5g3X.png?3

Excellent sketch. I've just started sketching, very early stage yet in tracking Vesta. Hope to start also to sketch the moon too soon. If I can get some sketches that are only half as good as your sketch I'll be please. Well done! :) 

Delambre, 

Delambre is a lunar impact crater that lies to the southwest of Mare Tranquillitatis, in the central highland region. To the west is the crater pair of Theon Junior and Theon Senior, the latter being more distant and located to the northwest. It is 52 kilometers in diameter and 3.5 kilometers in depth. It was named for Jean Baptiste Joseph Delambre, an 18th-century French astronomer.Wikipedia 

Wonderful result my friend!!! Bravo

Marios 

58e21f8918c78_2017-04-0312_56_39.png.ef41905416455b8e9d0b5038eb23f198.png

@Knighty2112

Oh good idea, I never tried to sketch an asteroid yet, are they stable at the eyepiece? Thanks also for the kind comment about my drawing! with practice it's possible to produce things like you what want and imagine!

@mariosi I wanted to describe the craters! I forgot totally but you did it!

(: Thanks for the description and history of this wonderfull site, the shadings were perfect there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived