Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Best way to guide on Comet with OAG

Hi All,

Apologies for what may seem like a stupid question, but if have a QSI 683 WSG which has a built in OAG which i use for guiding all the time.  I want to try imaging some comets but i'm guessing this is not possible with a OAG.  I do have a 60mm guide scope, but wasn't sure if differential flex would come into play as my main scope is around 1.2m F/L

Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Rich.

There is some setting in PHD to guide on a comet. I've never used these and they don't actually 'lock' onto the comet they just offset the commands to the mount to compensate for the comet's motion

Hi Dave, I don't tend to use the handset as I use eqmod.

i've not noticed any comet setting in phd2, apparently there is some setting in cartes du ceil which allows you transfer the comet guide rate directly to PhD but I'm damned if I can find the setting. Tried following a tutorial but the option in CDC they showed didn't exist or wasn't where the tutorial said it was.

Archived