Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 3718/3729 and Hickson 56

12 hours ago, Petergoodhew said:

Another stunner Paddy.  Wish my attempt looked like that!

Thanks Peter - just patience (and lots of colour tweaks) was hard to get blue and harder to get the core layers.

11 hours ago, iansmith said:

Lovely image. I like the colours and the detail in the dust lanes is excellent.

Cheers, Ian

Thanks Ian

7 hours ago, astroman001 said:

Stunning structure and colours. Excellent work.

Peter

Thanks Peter - appreciate the comment.

5 hours ago, Jedi2014 said:

Hi Paddy, another "Wow" image. Great work.

Jens

Thanks Jens - Gets harder to get the 'wow' each time.

4 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

As I said elsewhere, it's the colour in this that breaks new ground! Amazing. It's a particularly gorgeous galaxy, too.

Olly

Thanks Olly - The blue was nice to get, I was also please with the variation through the core providing more structural areas. Appreciate feedback.

1 hour ago, gorann said:

Yes, the blue colour in particular is so very very nice. Looks like the galaxy was made by an artistic glass blower

Thanks Göran - it is a very pretty one, glad I could do some justice to it.

Thanks all, Paddy

Another top notch image Paddy.

I have captured some data for this target, only circa 7 hours, and I can say with certainty that you have done a marvellous job eliciting the blue at the galaxy's outer halo - very, very well done.  Hat's off :icon_salut: on a terrifc image.

1 hour ago, Barry-Wilson said:

Another top notch image Paddy.

I have captured some data for this target, only circa 7 hours, and I can say with certainty that you have done a marvellous job eliciting the blue at the galaxy's outer halo - very, very well done.  Hat's off :icon_salut: on a terrifc image.

Hi Barry - thanks for comments, I saw a version online, think it was by M. Pugh and liked the colours so can't take all the credit for the palette.  That said there was only the slightest hint of blue there to start.  I created a mask from the Lum layer which had the outer shell in a state easier to isolate and applied to LRGB.  Then just nudged the saturation and selective colours repeatedly in PS (not your domain I know) but should be possible on PI as well with same approach (coloursaturation and range mask might work).  Hope that helps.  Was pleased with the blue and the tones at the core which provide the depth to image I think.  Appreciate comments.

Paddy

21 hours ago, graemlourens said:

Hi Paddy.

This is an astonishing picture, and the most unique i've seen in a loooong time. I love the core and the colours, its just stunning.

Congratulations on this catch....!

Kind regards, Graem

Thanks Gream - glad you like.  Was a fun one to process and as mentioned by those who know I found something extra from it which is nice to achieve.

20 hours ago, Allinthehead said:

This is beautiful Paddy. Lovely deep quality to it. You must be very pleased.

Yes I am - always my own biggest critic and would like some more data still to make the outer shell less fluffy.  But maybe a tad harsh on myself.

20 hours ago, Rodd said:

I concur with Barry--the blue, in particular, is spectacular.  What scope?

Rodd

14.5" RCOS - appreciate the comment.  For me the blue was nice to find along with the variation through the core.

Thanks for comments all, Paddy

• 11 months later...

Archived