Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Best astronomy/planetarium app?

Hi guys

not sure if this is the appropriate place for this post, but can anyone perhaps advise or recommend a reliable and comprehensive astronomy app please? I only have an iPhone 6, but would value a really good night sky app that has accurate graphics and is good for up to date astronomical events .... And access to useful catalogues too. What do you guys recommend?

Many thanks, and clear skies to all,

Donaldo

Mainly Sky Safari 5 Plus.

Pro is "bigger" and costs more, but the Plus is more then enough. Plus:Pro differences are that the Pro has about 13.1 million stars, the Plus has 2.3 million. Same for DSO's etc. 2.3 million is enough to work through. Pro also needs more memory so can be slower.

Well I don't know if its the "best" but I use Sky Safari Pro and that ticks all your boxes.  There are also the basic version and the Plus version.  You could start with one then upgrade if you want more features maybe.  The Pro version frequently comes up at a 50% discount on the App store.

Archived