Narrowband

April kick off.

cotterless45

By ten it was tolerably dark, but a light haze didn't help with galaxy views. Dropping off Chara there were a few there , down to NGC 4449. Leo was hardly better and only M64 showed in in Coma Berenices.

Jupiter wobbled like a huge jelly, M3 was very faint,time to hunt out a few favourite binaries. For the first time I caught a sub 1" separation. Worth carrying on for decent seeing at high altitude.

Leo . Σ1426 (SAO 118241) and a lovely view of this group. Σ1447 (SAO 81415) and a white star with a bluish "smokeball, some 676AU separation.

Coma Berenices. Σ1639 (SAO 82293) a widening 1.8" at 166AU.

25 Canum Veneticorum. (SAO 63648) , some super contrast here, white and blue at 1.7" and 103AU separation.

With difficult atmosphere and light pollution, it's worth giving these super sights a shot. The great constellation Bootes is climbing with a feast of binaries. Clear skies ! Nick.IMG_4672.thumb.JPG.893a2031b4792c81fcf07f5b47d77ed6.JPGIMG_4673.thumb.JPG.6b6e55adf7e3776022dc19058ded67fe.JPG

Nice work. Kick. Well done. Managed to view Vesta for the second night in a row last night, and starting to do sketches of the view too. Also managed a widefield shot with my Canon bridge camera which managed to catch it quite easily. Hope to start sketching some double stars too, and if I can sketch even anything like what you get I'll be happy. :) 

Great report Nick, although the stars were visible here last night the seeing was pretty poor so I didn't stay out long.
I am loving the stool btw and it works much better than a lot of the bespoke observing chairs, I just need to get a cushion of some sort to kneel on the ground or to give some extra height to the stool :happy8:

Archived