Narrowband

Nexstar SE, wifi and Sky Safari 4 connection woes.

Hail esteemed astropeeps

I set up the Celestron wifi module on my Nexstar 6SE (good wifi signal, no problems connecting), opened Skysafari 4 onth' IPad, but all I got after I had been into skysafari settings and put in the IP address was connection failed. I have the settings on direct input (it is like that on the actual wifi module too) alt-az go to, selected my telescope, but always connection failed. Tried it on sky portal on IPhone 6, and whilst it did connect and slew the telescope, the alignment procedure failed every time. 

Does anyone one have any advice, please? Why won't Skysafari 4 connect (actually 4.5.3) and why won't sky portal align? I've checked other forums and other posts and all the settings seem to be correct. What button have I failed to check? If you have screen shots of any settings, that would be helpful.

Well, as is typical for me, I really should pay more attention to the manual. I have changed my telescope type in SkySafari 4 from Nexstar blah blah to 'Celestron wifi'. I suspect that the telescope makes and models are for the sky wire wifi accessory, not the Celestron one. I'll give it a go tonight. Hopefully, that will be all problems solved. 

4 minutes ago, Trumpetnut said:

Yep. All is peachy. Read the manuals. It's a revelation. It means I don't have guess. Wow. Who would have with thought????

Glad you got it all working OK. I'm loving using mine SE Goto/Skyportal/Skysafari combo. Makes observing the night sky so much smoother in my view! :) 

All is good and I've even discovered the "rate" button too. One thing I would like to see is the ability to recentre the crosshairs after slewing to a new object because the alignment isn't exactly as I would like it to be. I have heard some say that I should use two star align instead of sky align, but sky safari only seems to do the three star alignment.

Archived