Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Flats with dark corner

hi could some one help me please i have had my primary mirror cleaned and put it back and collimated now i am getting flats like this the first has been stretched the second untouched the image train is - atik 383l+ _ efws L filter _ skywatcher cc _ skywatcher 200PDS.

Capture__1692-stretched.jpg

Capture__1692-untouched.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if it might be relevant, (or if you even still have this problem?) but I had problems collimating my Explorer 200 PDS after cleaning the primary as well. In my case the issue was mainly due to two things:
1. the laser itself was out, after an hour of fine adjustment it was good to go - just to find out that;
2. the scope/mirror/focuser flexed enough to give me an inaccurate collimation using the laser as normal. I could collimate it perfectly, then flip the scope and it would be way off.

My solution was to use a barlowed laser collimator, as this simply ignores many of these flexing issues. Only then did i have stars similar to when i originally received the scope.
Now i never took any flats during this process as i noticed the issue on my first attempt at focusing on, but maybe it's possible poor collimation could cause this? It does look a bit extreme though, but... Are stars looking the same in all 4 corners?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived