SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My problem relates to comfortable viewing position vs scope balancing. I've seen the astroshed guy's video on balancing with regards to the centre of gravity related to eye piece, viewing scope.

So I balance the scope perfectly on the horizotal but verticaly its way of until I rotate the scope. Great its perfect. Then I go out to view only to find that the eye piece is 2 feet up and out of range. For viewing I need to undo the rings slightly, rotate the scope, rethiten and view which defeats the object of balancing the scope. Any tips and suggestions please? :)

Yup same problem hear I went the route of using embroidery hoops above each tube ring a couple of quid at least the tube stays in the same place however by rotating the tube will always throw it off balance abit.I balanced mine with my most used eyepiece in my most comfortable viewing position with perfect balance regards the mount but rotating the tube with regards to what you are observing will always throw it off a tad.I can't imagine anyone rebalancing the scope every time you rotate the tube and don't forget you will use a different eyepiece more than once in a session and some will weigh more than others.

I would say that getting good balance is more towards imaging so I would not be too worried about balance. I normally make sure the scope is a bit West heavy to help with backlash but again this is more to help with guiding.

Just get it roughly there and rotate as you need to so that it is comfortable for you to view.

Archived