SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What's the best view of Jupiter you've had?

RobertI

5 minutes ago, Stu said:

Ah I see :), apologies didn't mean to take anything away from your post.

You didn't Stu and it was a good point!

Now I await the day for some free time, good weather, clear skies, good seeing and the chance to run my three big boys against each other (with my favourite, trusty TV85 as a fourth companion to keep the others honest!). Then I will come back with hopefully a better answer and maybe even some images to accompany ?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting thing about night vision / dark adaptation and viewing Jupiter - I've found that you don't need it. You actually get better views immeriately after you have seen a white light source. And Jupiter looks great in a twilight sky of course.

The opposite of deep sky viewing really.

3 minutes ago, John said:

Interesting thing about night vision / dark adaptation and viewing Jupiter - I've found that you don't need it. You actually get better views immeriately after you have seen a white light source. And Jupiter looks great in a twilight sky of course.

The opposite of deep sky viewing really.

So moon first then Jupiter - will try that ??

Archived