Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New Scope: 20" f3.6 Lukehurst Dobsonian

45 minutes ago, ShrewView said:

Wow that's a beauty.

Love the lectern that sits to the side. That's a handy idea.

Fingers crossed for those clear skies for you and looking forward to hearing about first light.

It's from USA, tablet stalk by marklessastronomics. David Lukehurst made up the black pole so I could save on the cost of sourcing the same pole from USA. Just got the stand and fittings from USA. 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, faulksy said:

congrats alan, glad you have got your new baby. hope you take it somewhere dark. the nexus is great. did you buy the howie glatter from david ?

look foward to your first light report

I got the howie glatter from FLO. David is a 100% Cheshire man :) 

That's a beaut of a scope - congrats!  Looking forward to hearing about your first light ;)

Enjoy!!

PS Wouldn't it be great if the paracorr had little tactile bumps so that you could feel the setting in the dark?!

12 hours ago, niallk said:

That's a beaut of a scope - congrats!  Looking forward to hearing about your first light ;)

Enjoy!!

PS Wouldn't it be great if the paracorr had little tactile bumps so that you could feel the setting in the dark?!

just get the sips, no adjustment needed :headbang:

Great scope. I think David Lukehurst does a top job. The fast F ratio makes a 20 inch so much more practical. Ours is F4.1 so the zenith does need some steps, but an F5 20 inch comes here annually and that really is a tall scope at the zenith.

I think you've made a superb choice.

Olly

Archived