Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Adding a motorised focuser

Now that my kit is performing OK I intend to add a motorised focuser operated via a USB link from the house (EQMOD/SGPro). The LakesideAstro focuser comes up regularly on a Google search. I wonder if any members have experience of the USB version of this focuser (good or bad) or if indeed there are any other similar units out there that come recommended. Any observations would be appreciated. (No pun intended :happy11:) Thanks - John  

25 minutes ago, Grierson said:

Now that my kit is performing OK I intend to add a motorised focuser operated via a USB link from the house (EQMOD/SGPro). The LakesideAstro focuser comes up regularly on a Google search. I wonder if any members have experience of the USB version of this focuser (good or bad) or if indeed there are any other similar units out there that come recommended. Any observations would be appreciated. (No pun intended :happy11:) Thanks - John  

Many on here use Lakeside and you don't often see complaints about them.  I run a USB one with EQMOD/SGPro on my Esprit 100 and it's great, with no complaints from me at all.  If you get from Ian King he will provide it with a custom made bracket.

There are several others available at varying prices, and I would suggest you check to make sure whatever you chose will work with your focuser.

Archived