Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Thankyou SGL

Just wanted to add an experience I have never had before, I have an eq5 mount with std motors and handbox no goto, So I searched on this site and found out about "stroeq controller with upgraded motors Nema" thought I could benefit from this using my laptop as a complete goto system. So I searched on SGL and found a post and someone (you know who you are) had the kit in a drawer collecting dust, I enquired and after discussion this is what would suite me engaged in purchasing the said package. Wait the said seller said I will send the said items to you, to check all is ok (what no payment to said seller) So trustworthy, after a few days said package arrived tested after a few teething problems all is fine and payment sent. PS I don't even live in UK. :hello2: Thankyou and you know who you are.. SGL keep up the good work looking after us amateurs.

Andy

3 minutes ago, Ant said:

Great to hear Andy, we do have a great community here :)

No harming in naming the person - no rule against that - unless they do';t want to be names of course. 

Ant

OK Garethr. cheers you are one in a million.

There are some genuine decent, honest and trustworthy folk here at the SGL.
I was once sent some Tele Due Plossl's to play with, and like yourself, a long way from the sellershould he have wanted/needed to come and break my legs for not returning them! ( not that we endorse any violence!)

To be honest, I would have some doubt in sending my equipment to a total stranger, especially one who lives so far away, it could go awry, the goods go missing, what then? I'd hope they would get banned, but thats not the issue for the MOD's to deal with, thats between me and the receiver.

However the goods were safely returned, a small token of my appreciation included, and there's still the chance of meeting up some time, have a proper drink together!

The world works better with a bit of trust.

I've had a few surprise lends from SGL members. Always offered, never asked for.    

They know who they are. One of them has cost me a four figure sum as I caught the solar observing bug from borrowing his gear.??

Paul

47 minutes ago, Charic said:

See, it can have issues? but on this occasion, for good reason! :happy9:

that's what my wife is affraid of. strange objects arriving on doorstep via postman and trying to explain that.

12 hours ago, fozzybear said:

that's what my wife is affraid of. strange objects arriving on doorstep via postman and trying to explain that.

Car Parts...It's always car parts at my house. Followed by "you wouldn't want to have to catch the bus to go shopping if the car breaks down"..Of course the urge to open it immediately is a bad thing and you must always take the box and head directly to the man cave/shed to open is important.

Archived