SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

An Apology Sunflower.

MattJenko

I have neglected this particular forum of late, with the poor weather and a blossoming fascination with spectroscopy so apologies, but I reverted to my particular brand of lazy, setup and go back indoors type astronomy for the last couple of sessions and let my kit get on with gathering some photons from M63, the sunflower galaxy. My bright stars are a little rubbish, but I am a little rusty! Altair Wave 115 with flattener only, Atik 414ex on an AzEQ6. 26 x 10 mins L and 9 x 5 mins for each RGB.

M63ii.jpg

Thanks all. I live between Colchester and Manningtree, so do get some decent darkish skies when it is clear.

I would love some more data for this one, in all channels, as this has such potential, but getting only 2 x 10 min subs in an evening drives up the frustration levels and this has reached a point where I am really happy with it! I also spent so long trying to make sure those 2 big stars were ok, I think I drove myself slightly potty. Am very pleased with the image though, and also by the AA115, which is turning out to be a fine all-round instrument.

The apology is more for neglecting my forum reading of late, don't want to get a reputation for being a humble bragger :)

Archived