sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

Hi!

Finally clear sky in Poland!
Time to first galaxy image from my QHY163C. I'm still very happy with this camera and now waiting for QHY168C BETA. I hope that it will be even better than 163

40x180s calibrated with darks, biases and flats

M101FB.jpg

• Like 8
  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By PadrePeace
      Though M101 is a relatively large target it is quite dim and this required a significant effort to get detail into its core. I took 31hrs of 30sec exposures which I then thinned down to the best 18hrs of data. Processed in APP and PS it was tricky keeping the core detail that I had imaged from blowing out.
      Lots of advice and lots of very small curves stretches was the key in the end. Hardly sharpened it much with noise reduction undertaken as and when noise just stared to appear during stretching.
      As the sensor is biased towards red, colour balancing with green and more so with blue was also necessary.  
      Taken at Gain 200 with a UV IR cut ASI224MC uncooled camera, APM107/700 scope on an AZEQ6. 
      It’s a good little sensor if you have the conditions (cold nights) and use Flats, Flat Darks and take Darks every night as the sensor temperature varies being uncooled. For info, I found it ran at about 6 degs above ambient once it was steadily running subs off. 

Hope you like it. 

• By lalou
      I tried imaging M101 here in our Bortle 5 neighborhood and it was sort of tough due to the light pollution but I think I was able to pull off a bit of data. My problem now is that I was able to increase the visibility of the galaxy through stretching but in the process the background noise also increased. I also noticed that my galaxy and stars are a bit orange/reddish compared to the other M101 shots which are kinda bluish in color. Not sure if this is being caused by my astromodded camera but I tried correcting it via Photoshop and this is the best "white balanced" image that I got.
      Looking for some help in this group maybe someone can have a go with my raw file and share some techniques on how to improve my post processing. The stacking was done via DSS and the processing via Photoshop. I also used Gradient Xterminator and also Astrotools.
      Here's my edit and I also attached the raw file so maybe you guys can try tinkering with it also. Also open for any suggestions or comments with my initial edit. Thanks! 😁
      Light Frames: 189 x 1 min shots @ ISO1600 (yes I still don't have autoguiding) Dark Frames: 198 x 1 min shots Mount: Celestron OmniXLT CG-4 Telescope: Celestron C6N Camera: Canon EOS Rebel XT Hap-Griffin Mod Autosave.tif
      Autosave.tif
    • By StamosP
      Hello all
      I'm selling my brand new-never used QHYCFW2M-US filter wheel for 8x1.25" mounted filters.
      It will be shipped in its original packaging (with extra packing of course) with all the components that came with it included (cables, adapters, screws, etc).

If you have any question/s please ask.
      Price: 250£ + shipping-fees
      Thanks for looking!
      Stamatis

• By astrosathya
      Hi everyone,
      I would like to use my QHY5L-II with my OAG. However, it seems like even at 2x Binning its not able to see stars. I've used Dark library, but no use even then
      Any help will be appreciated.
    • By tooth_dr
      I scrapped all the Oiii and Sii data I previously took during a full moon (about 15 hours worth) and retook it all when the moon was a bit smaller at 76%.  Ha was taken during 98% and 67% moon.  All the lights were taken on the following nights: 12th, 19th and 20th September 2019.
      Integration times, all in 600s subs unbinned:
      Ha = 28.33 hours
      Oiii= = 5.67 hours
      Sii = 5.67 hours

The Ha data is really nice, and unsurprisingly the Oiii and Sii is not as strong (or nice).
      I'm missing that (vital) step in my processing routine of getting the Sii and Oiii properly stretched to match the Ha, before combining.  I dont really know how to deal with the weaker data properly.  Any pointers would be appreciated.
      What I do currently:
      All the data is loaded into APP into separate channels/sessions.
      The data is stacked and registered against the best Ha sub
      This produces individual stacks of Ha, Sii and Oiii that are all registered
      Each channel is processed with DPP in APP and then saved as a 16bit TIFF
      Each is opened in PS
      Stars removed with AA and any remnants removed and tidied up
      I then open a blank RGB document in PS
      I paste Ha into Green, Sii into Red and Oiii into Blue
      Adjust the selective colour settings to get 'Hubble palette'
      Adjust levels, curves, saturation until looks ok
      All the Ha Sii Oiii data is then combined together in a single 'super' stack in APP using quality weighted algorithm to create a 'luminance'
      That luminance layer is adjusted using levels, curves, and NC tools such as local contrast enhancement and deep space noise reduction (using masks to apply as required)
      The luminance is pasted onto the above colour layer, and incrementally added using gaussian blur
      Cropped and saved.

Here it is anyway   I haven't intended on any more exposure time for this one, but will consider it, if the expert opinion dictates otherwise!

CS
      Adam

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.