Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Stargazing Live Australia

Timebandit

5 minutes ago, NigeB said:

Have to confess I don't normally watch Stargazing Live, but this is pretty good! Coming from clear southern skies and wide open landscapes helps...

+1! I love the Aboriginal folk tales too :happy11:

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loved the bit about the Anglo Australian Telescope's iconic photos taken in the 80's (using good old fashioned emulsion). I purchased a set of AA slides and a print of the Horsehead Nebula from the Kennedy Space Centre back in 1990 which inspired me to get into astrophotography.

The Horsehead print is still on the wall in my office at work, it looks decidedly ordinary against CCD images taken by SGL members, really shows how far the technology has come......

Nice scenery and a lovely country where I once lived....but of relevance to UK star gazers NONE!

SAN has continued to drift away from what it was and should be.  It no longer caters for the amateur astronomer. Just a platform for rather average presenters.

Nice in a way but didn't really grab my attention, spent the time mainly looking for an old cycle frame to rebuild - may even have located one not that far that looks interesting.

Everytime I looked up there was something different and usually it was someone talking which seems to be 70% of the program. As in "Look at me". Just get the idea that Astronomy is fifth ot sixth down the list. Did perk up with mention of the Parks scope and the coverage of that. Think it could have been better if they just left the guy with the beard to do the whole 3 nights.

Not sure why or if it was my eyeballs but the images of the night sky seemed muted, which if their end did not help. Talking of the views is fine but they did not stand out - Maybe a new TV is required.

Nothing bit Dara, which may have been entertaining.

They missed a trick not showing how Dara got to take his photo, it could have introduced a host of interested new people into wide view astro-photography. We need more views of the night sky there, so much to see. There was mention of cyclone Debbie possibly interfering with conditions in the nights to come. I wish 'em well.

Cheers,
Steve

Archived