SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Problem with camera & reducer weight

steviemac500

I have the SW focuser on my ED80 with the motor upgrade. The problem I have is that the SW 0.85 reducer, which is attached to my Moravian G28300, is held in place in the focusing tube by 2 screws. The weight of the camera seems to be pulling the camera away from the focuser and causing flexure. I have tried adjusting the position of the screws to the top but which seems to be fine until the scope flips and then the same problem occurs. Is there a better way to attach the SW reducer to eliminate this or would an upgrade focuser with 3 screws be a better idea? All help is greatly appreciated.

Steve

Which Focuser do you have ?? attached at this moment to your ED80 ? which is causing flexure ? since I did also have the OLD ED80 from SW+SW REDUCER, and I had same problem you have and did play with the screws at the backside of the focuser.. since I also did have a VERY heavy CCD (SBIG ST 10XME+CFW10 :happy9:) and with some luck, i did get the focuser be able to hold the CCD stable.. but did give my ED80 away and now I have an FEATHER TOUCH 3.5 and that is a totally another world of qauality :icescream:..

Cheers

Martin :icon_albino:

Archived