Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Frustration venting

spaceboy

38 minutes ago, Stu said:

I do feel a little deflated after observing for a few hours last night.

Polaris, which was an easy split in the 24mm Pan at DIYPSP was flaring and quite tricky, although the secondary was still visible.

M42, which at the weekend had been huge in the eyepiece of the 925, and really quite green, was significantly smaller in extent with far less contrast and at best could be described as greenish grey.

M3 was an indistinct blob, barely resolving even in the 925, when it had been like a sparkling disco ball under the dark skies. M67 required averted vision to see it As anything more than a few stars.

I know the moon was around but it is only around 18 degrees illuminated and was 70 degrees away from M67 at the time, and pretty low in the skies.

I must get round to focusing on the Lunar 100....

Polaris from home is a good easy split for me, i have same issue with M42 just being a grey shape.

I keep telling myself to work the Luna 100 and always seem to forget about it............one day i will start it

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, nightfisher said:

Polaris from home is a good easy split for me, i have same issue with M42 just being a grey shape.

I keep telling myself to work the Luna 100 and always seem to forget about it............one day i will start it

It's easy enough at higher power Jules, but the star shapes were just so much cleaner at DIYPSP that it becomes clear how bad the seeing is round here.

No sign of the comet either, despite accurate Goto and the 925

Archived