Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Sign in to follow this  
astronomer2002

Televue Nagler T5 26mm or T5 31mm

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Corpze
      Hi, i have made a video where i show a coople of eyepieces that i use and like, and also show how a barlow works, compared to the "Powermate" from Televue. And how is the FOV affected when changing the magnification with different eyepieces?

Feel free to comment and give me feedback - I hope you like the video!
      /Daniel

• By Dantooine
      For sale Televue Panoptic 27mm eyepiece. Brand new condition. Everything thing in the box as delivered. Used only twice. Fantastic easy to use but is surplus due to my recent buying habits. £220 and I pay the postage. Bank transfer. 

• By HollyHound
      This was purchased from here in June, as part of a matched pair. It is in superb condition, optically perfect, with unmarked barrel and complete with all original end caps. I've used it very little and neither did the previous owner.
      It is fully boxed, with all original documentation, stickers and protective packaging, as originally delivered - This is the eyepieces (RRP £306)... https://www.firstlightoptics.com/tele-vue-eyepieces/tele-vue-nagler-82-degree-eyepieces.html
      Selling for £170 including UK postage by Special Delivery (overseas by arrangement).
      Payment by Bank Transfer (preferred) or PayPal (buyer pays fees).
      Thanks for looking
      Gary

• By iPeace
      *** ITEM NOW SOLD ***
      For your kind consideration, I have a 2.5mm Nagler Type 6 eyepiece from Tele Vue in excellent condition with caps and box.
      This focal length Type 6 Nagler is no longer in production; I acquired it new when it still was.
      1.25" barrel; wide, sharp 82º apparent field of view. It has done extremely well for me but must go to a home which can provide the usage it deserves.
      *** please note: amount in euro ***
      €240 (EUR) includes shipping to EU/UK.
      PayPal (friends only) accepted.
      Please PM with any queries.
      Thanks for looking, stay safe under clear skies.

• By StarGazingSiouxsie
      Hello there  
      My budget for eyepieces is $1,000. 

I started off thinking I would get a Celestron eyepiece kit for about $200, for example. After trying a few out, I soon realised that I wanted eyepieces of higher quality. My mindset is that I'm investing $2,000 in my telescope, a Celestron 9.25 SCT, and I want to be able to extract from that scope the very best views that I can.

Wishlist - 
      I'm looking to buy 3 eyepieces maximum (not including a Barlow)
      Ideally - if possible - I would like to get eyepieces that I can use on both my telescopes, but my priority is toward the 9.25" as that is the bigger investment.
      Both my telescopes have 1.25" barrels.
      * Cassie - A Celestron Newtonian. Aperture = 130mm, FL = 650mm, FR = f5  Max useable magnification between 250x and 307x    
      * The Cubble Space Telescope - A Celestron SCT. Aperture = 235mm FL = 2350mm, FR = f10  Max useable magnification between 460x and 550x 
      I don't feel comfortable spending more than about $300 on each eyepiece
      I want these eyepieces to last as long as possible. I try to look after thinbgs if I can.
      Decent eye relief if possible
      I will purchase a Barlow separately
      Field of view - something 60% + 

Usage - 
      My observing will be probably 80% solar system planets & moon, 20% deeper sky objects
      I'm not that in atsrophotogarphy. I have a little Celestron NexImage 10 with which I am hoping to make some videos and stacked images of Jupiter, Saturn and detailed imaging of Pluto (  ) 
      I really just want the WOW factor right now. Enjoying the thrill of Saturn;s rings, tracking Jupiter's 4 main moons, detailed lunar observing etc. 

Questions -  
      So what would be your suggestions or advice, please? 
      I have been looking at the Tele Vue Delos & Delite range.  The Nagler range looks nice but I'm note sure if I need 82' field of view. A bit pricey, too. 
      Explore Scientific's offerings are a possibilty.
      What's the deal with zoom eyepieces? Does that mean you can have an eyepiece that will do the job, for example, of a 6mm, 7mm, 8mm and 9mm eyepiece all in one? Is there a trade off?? What's the catch?? 
      Regarding Barlows, I was thinking of just keeping it simple and getting a decent 2x lens without spending crazy money. Something in the $150 range. Or would I need a high end Barlow to complement the better eyepieces I am hoping for??? 

Overall, I'm looking for 2 or 3 eyepieces and 1 Barlow with a $1,000 budget. Any thoughts, ideas, advice or opinions all gratefully received, thank you. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.