SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Selling Overseas

bendiddley

Has anyone had experience of selling astro kit overseas in particular telescopes? What has the experience been like and any recommendations on couriers?  Thinking probably Europe is the safest bet although not adverse to further afield if the opportunity arises.

Guest Tuomo
17 minutes ago, bendiddley said:

Has anyone had experience of selling astro kit overseas in particular telescopes? What has the experience been like and any recommendations on couriers?  Thinking probably Europe is the safest bet although not adverse to further afield if the opportunity arises.

Well, UPS delivers from Germany to Finland, so no problems there....

Hello there,

I did order ASTRONOMICAL PARTS from  the USA, Hong Kong, and within Europe also from Germany and Holland and Belgium and Slovenia and Portugal also.

And I did never have any issues or problems, not with DHL, HONG KONG POST, UPS, TNT and also never had any issues with DPD or GLS..

It could be! the case, the one or other company is delivering later or faster than the other one, but at the end, all of them did deliver..

The Customs is sometimes delaying the delivery ( last time my package did remain at customs for almost 4 weeks ) but at the end

it was also delivered, and I had to pay the taxes:happy5:.. 

Cheers

Martin:icon_albino:

Just now, Tuomo said:

Well, UPS delivers from Germany to Finland, so no problems there....

Thanks. Have you had anything large posted to you like a telescope? Also was what you received packaged OK? I'm worried customs might open my package and then not repackage it properly.

Just now, bendiddley said:

Thanks. Have you had anything large posted to you like a telescope? Also was what you received packaged OK? I'm worried customs might open my package and then not repackage it properly.

From which country are you ? and from where do you expect to get the package ?

Cheers

Martin

3 minutes ago, artem said:

Hello there,

I did order ASTRONOMICAL PARTS from  the USA, Hong Kong, and within Europe also from Germany and Holland and Belgium and Slovenia and Portugal also.

And I did never have any issues or problems, not with DHL, HONG KONG POST, UPS, TNT and also never had any issues with DPD or GLS..

It could be! the case, the one or other company is delivering later or faster than the other one, but at the end, all of them did deliver..

The Customs is sometimes delaying the delivery ( last time my package did remain at customs for almost 4 weeks ) but at the end

it was also delivered, and I had to pay the taxes:happy5:.. 

Cheers

Thanks Martin. Did any of your parcels look like they had been opened and repackaged? Also did you get notification on the parcel that got stuck for 4 weeks that it was being held at customs or did it just look like it had disappeared?

Just now, bendiddley said:

Thanks Martin. Did any of your parcels look like they had been opened and repackaged? Also did you get notification on the parcel that got stuck for 4 weeks that it was being held at customs or did it just look like it had disappeared?

bendiddley,

Never, the packages were never opened by the customs and nothing was missing, I only had to pay the TAX based on the DETAILS printed on the receipt which was attached outside of the package and based on the worth printed on the receipt.

Cheers

4 minutes ago, bendiddley said:

I'm in the UK and I want to sell overseas, not receive from overseas.

bendiddley.. I see.. the best is it, you call your local customs information office.. That is what I did,

and they (AUSTRIAN CUSTOMS) did explain me in every details, what will happen and the amount of TAX I need to pay..

and based on that detail, I did order the parts from USA & HONG KONG..

Cheers

Martin

And one more issue, since I read that you mention "I'm in the UK and I want to sell overseas, not receive from overseas."

Well, just ask your local customs, if they would open any package, which should go outside of the UK.. else, ask the person you send the package to,

to make same action, by asking the customs where you send the package to, and how will act with the package, and if they would need any special detail printed on the invoice?..

Cheers

Martin

Archived