Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

stepper motor/controller for my sw crayford focuser??

hi just using a sw dc motor with hitec controller on my upgraded sw crayford focuser which is ok but not perfect,torque and position slippage the main downers,and looking to upgrade to a stepper motor set up ,just wondering if anyone can recommend a controller and stepper motor setup that will work with this focuser, i know there are diy ones but not that way inclined so off the shelf for me,thanks

There is loads of torque, more than you will need, it also fits onto the coarse focus shaft, so,the 6000 steps is 60,000 on the fine focus shaft.

the motor is a tad bigger than most, but not an issue, there shown on another page in the website.

it uses an Ascom driver so will work with any software that is Ascom compliant. And also has its own software, which seem superb. It is all new to me but so far so very good :)

Archived