SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Zooniverse - Help Search for Planet Nine, other TNOs and Brown Dwarfs

I see there is a new Zooniverse project, asking for help searching WISE data for Planet Nine, other TNOs and nearby Brown Dwarfs (potentially closer than Proxima Centauri, models suggest there should be some in the neighbourhood). Reading this BBC News article it sounds like they are also going to add data from the Sliding Spring Observatory.

• 1 year later...

I read that there's quite some disagreement about whether it's Planet 9 (disrespectful to Clyde Tombaugh) or Planet 10 (dismisses the demotion of Pluto)

So how about we call it 'Planet 93/4' - i.e. somewhere between 9 and 10 and ordinary humans can't find it?

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/08/2018 at 16:43, Yearofthegoat said:

I read that there's quite some disagreement about whether it's Planet 9 (disrespectful to Clyde Tombaugh) or Planet 10 (dismisses the demotion of Pluto)

So how about we call it 'Planet 93/4' - i.e. somewhere between 9 and 10 and ordinary humans can't find it?

Hahahaha spot on!

Archived