Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep29_banner.thumb.jpg.da7f3b163f7bd35187cb558b0346baf6.jpg

Hi All,

I have the following for sale, originally bought for a full PST mod that was never done:

Coronado PST - £430. Boxed.

Vixen A80M - £150. Includes tubes rings, dovetail and focuser but no box, finder or diagonal. SOLD.

90 mm D-ERF - £200. SOLD.

Filter holder - £8. Homemade and bought off a SGL member. Fits the 90mm D-ERF and has a internal diameter of 105mm the other end. SOLD

Solar Finder - £15. SOLD.

WO Dielectric Diagonal D-DIG2 - £35. Boxed. Bought to be used on the Vixen before the scope was modded. SOLD.

All are in excellent condition and do not include postage. Collection preferred for the scopes.

Cheers,

Jon

jonhicks-34.jpg

jonhicks-36.jpg

jonhicks-58.jpg

jonhicks-5.jpg

jonhicks-6.jpg

jonhicks-10.jpg

jonhicks-12.jpg

jonhicks-8.jpg

jonhicks-9.jpg

jonhicks-40-2.jpg

Edited by JonH

Oh, would have loved that WO diagonal! 

UPDATE: after the buyer changed his mind, the D-ERF is back on sale.

Cheers,

Jon

Hi Jon 

Diagonal arrived today safe and sound. Thank you very much.

Now I just need some clear skies to test it 

Hi Dan,

Brilliant, thanks for letting me know.

Have a great weekend!

Cheers,

Jon

The PST is still available with a new price of £410. :smiley:

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By astronomer2002
      I am looking for a Vixen HR 3.4mm eyepiece. I have a 2.4 and it is great on a good night, but usually a bit too much power for my FLT132.
      Is there a chance you have one that you don't use?

Thanks for looking

Ian B
    • By steppenwolf
      Vixen Polarie Star Tracker with Vixen Quick Polaris Locator Compass in mint condition - For Sale.
      This mint condition Polarie Star Tracker and Vixen Polaris Locator Compass have only been used during the course of a review that I carried out for Vixen UK and will be supplied in their original boxes with manuals.
      This tracker is the ultimate in portable camera tracking mounts being lightweight yet manufactured to Vixen’s usual exemplary high standard and the additional Vixen Polaris Locator Compass makes polar alignment for wide field imaging quick and simple.
      The new price for the two items would be £399.00
      For sale at £195.00 delivered. Payment by bank transfer - WILL NOT SELL OUTSIDE UK.
      Polarie Star Tracker

Vixen Quick Polaris Locator Compass

• By Jp114
      After a long break, I'm getting back into Astrophotography and finding that I'm missing my old Vixen GPDX mount.

I'm quite interested to hear if anyone has anything similar for sale. I'd prefer a mount with GOTO but I'd definitely consider something with drives and a guide port.

Thanks for looking.
    • By David J H
      My first post here – hello! – and I would welcome some advice.
      I have a Vixen 4” refractor (not the fluorite lense) on a Super Polaris mount, which I bought new about 25 years ago. I do enjoy looking at the major planets and some of the brighter Messier objects – I still remember my children seeing Jupiter and Saturn for the first time! However, I’d like to move from this being an occasional hobby for a few hours on a clear night, to something more serious, with a focus on astrophotography.
      The Super Polaris mount seems to have been discontinued a few years ago, and there’s no ‘off the shelf’ motor / tracking equipment available. The telescope functions very well, but it looks as if there have been significant advances in optical technology since I bought the Vixen, and I guess that a much superior telescope would be available at a reasonable price.
      I guess one approach would be to buy a new mount – perhaps something like the Sky-Watcher EQ3? – so that I could continue to use the Vixen and use the tracking to begin to do some photography? Or would I be better off selling both the telescope and the SP mount, and buying something more modern? What would you do, and what would you recommend?
    • By Dantooine
      I have an Altair prism diagonal and notice when I lock an eyepiece in, as I tighten the single screw it pushes the eyepiece to the side. Does anyone know if it’s possible to remove the Altair eyepiece holder end and replace it with a 2” baader cliklock type. I have a 1.25” version and it seems to hold things very secure. Another question is, would there be a danger of eyepiece barrels making contact with the prism? Hopefully someone has come across this before. 

Dale. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.