sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_2.thumb.jpg.72789c04780d7659f5b63ea05534a956.jpg

Hi All,

I have the following for sale, originally bought for a full PST mod that was never done:

Coronado PST - £430. Boxed.

Vixen A80M - £150. Includes tubes rings, dovetail and focuser but no box, finder or diagonal. SOLD.

90 mm D-ERF - £200. SOLD.

Filter holder - £8. Homemade and bought off a SGL member. Fits the 90mm D-ERF and has a internal diameter of 105mm the other end. SOLD

Solar Finder - £15. SOLD.

WO Dielectric Diagonal D-DIG2 - £35. Boxed. Bought to be used on the Vixen before the scope was modded. SOLD.

All are in excellent condition and do not include postage. Collection preferred for the scopes.

Cheers,

Jon

jonhicks-34.jpg

jonhicks-36.jpg

jonhicks-58.jpg

jonhicks-5.jpg

jonhicks-6.jpg

jonhicks-10.jpg

jonhicks-12.jpg

jonhicks-8.jpg

jonhicks-9.jpg

jonhicks-40-2.jpg

Edited by JonH
  • 2 months later...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By JemC
      Hi all,
      As i am soon to be the proud owner of a Vixen Polarie star tracker i am looking for some advice from the experts here on SGL with regards to widefield imaging with the Vixen Polarie.
      I will initially be using it with a modified Canon 600D so am looking for advice on which lens would be best suited to use with it, I have already been pointed in the direction of the Samyang 135mm which by all accounts is a pretty good contender, so aside from that particular lens what other/s would you recommend that are Canon fitting,
      Thanks in advance 🙂
    • By DeepSkyMan
      Guys

just wondering what options are available for me to upgrade the standard SXW Vixen clamp to enable it to accept Losmandy style dovetails.  I recently acquired a CGE dovetail that I would like to use with my 8” Edge.

Kind Regards
      Paul

• By DeepSkyMan
      Hi there everybody, hope you are all keeping sane during COVID.  As already revealed in an earlier thread I will be building an observatory this year.  Whilst it’s a bit early for the exterior elements of the build, I’m keeping busy putting together all the accessories I will need from an interior perspective.  In doing so I’ve discovered a couple of thorny issues.
      1/.  I will need a 2.1mm power lead from Vixen to connect up to my new Pegasus UPB2; oh and just saying, what a fantastic piece of kit it is too.  If needs be I can always buy in the whoppingly over-priced AC/DC adapter from Vixen, however I really would like to power everything from a central core, rather than adding to the electrical spaghetti with independent power units.
      2/.  There is also an issue with my Atik Horizon.  Due to the fact that my little SXW is already stressed to the max, I can’t go with the preferred format of mounting the UPB2 on the mount or OTA, instead I will have to locate it as high up the pier as I can, which means that the power cable needs to be longer.  In addition, I will need to source a power lead from somewhere that will interface to the UPB2 and the Atik.  Had a look on the Atik website and there don’t seem to be any options in this regard.
      So I’m hoping that someone has had to deal with similar issues in the past and will be able to offer some much needed advice.😀

Kind Regards
      Paul.

• By jcj380
      Wondering what a realistic load capy. is for a Vixen APZ.  My biggest scope is an ST120 refractor that weighs about 5.5 kg with 8x50 finder and eyepiece.  I'm thinking of upgrading to a Crayford focuser which I believe will add another half kilo or so.
      I currently have a Twilight 1 which seems maxed out with the 120 and a SkyWatcher AZ5 which handles it a bit better, but it's also close to max load, I think.
      I have a Manfrotto 475B and a stock TW1 tripod.  I'd prefer not to use a counterweight, but if it's a necessity, so be it.
      Thanks!

• By AndrewRrrrrr
      Hi, 
      Just got an asiair pro and am setting things up. Have updated to the latest firmware.
      The aap and my ss2k seem to connect OK. However when I issue a goto command to the ss2k, nothing actually happens at the mount.
      However the 4 directional arrows on the aap ui work fine and do indeed make the mount move.
      Any clues please?
      regards
      Andrew

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.