Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Rosette 6 hr Ha Asi1600mm

Allinthehead

Hi all, managed to collect 6 hrs of the Rosette over the past few nights. First data in about a month, and i've forgotten how to do everything. Had problems aligning the 3 nights data so had to crop a little.

320 * 60 second subs unguided

20 darks, 20 bias, and 30 flats.

Gear as per sig.

Hope you enjoy,

Richard.

rosette6hrfinal.thumb.png.2c99496d6a826e48e7b456e7a7ae64e0.png

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooh, I do like that! You've got some good detail and contrast in the filaments and globules. I might just take the white up a bit, they're a touch grey. But that's just nit-picking.

Probably the most convincing image I've so far seen from this camera. You've gone very deep indeed there. Remarkable, also, to do this in short unguided subs. I think a great many people will see this as a game changer and understandably so.

Olly

11 hours ago, brrttpaul said:

cant wait to get mine, im really impressed with it

You should be getting the new version with the screws at the top to stop it from accidentely opening

10 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

That's impressive, never mind from 60s unguided subs!! Is this the big CMOS sensor?

Thanks. This is a 4/3 sensor

7 hours ago, bob-c said:

lovely picture

Thanks Bob.

1 hour ago, DaveS said:

Ooh, I do like that! You've got some good detail and contrast in the filaments and globules. I might just take the white up a bit, they're a touch grey. But that's just nit-picking.

Thanks Dave. I appreciate the feedback.

1 hour ago, ollypenrice said:

Probably the most convincing image I've so far seen from this camera. You've gone very deep indeed there. Remarkable, also, to do this in short unguided subs. I think a great many people will see this as a game changer and understandably so.

Thanks Olly. I still believe that somewhere between 3 and 5 minutes would be the sweet spot for this camera and it would help to reduce the amount of subs and processing time. It's also not without it's flaws. I have 5 hrs of Oiii subs to add to my 6 hrs of heart Ha and i'm having trouble removing the amp glow from them. I tried shooting the darks again but to no avail. 

1 hour ago, newbie alert said:

not been too impressed with the images from this camera until i see this...

Thanks i remember when researching this camera i found some amazing shots on astrobin to help convince me. To be able to do narrowband with such short subs is great for beginners and people with more basic gear. I could have easily got this result with my EQ3-2.

3 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

Olly

Very nice.  A game changer indeed. Though I see what you mean about time savings Olly--Still 6 hours.  But unguided really is a plus.  

Rodd

3 hours ago, Tangoringo said:

That is more stunning than a  stunned man with his fingers in an aquarium full of electric eels while  watching Christie Brinkley cavorting in front of him with no clothes on.

Lovely image.

Thanks. That's a nice scene you described although i have to admit i needed to google Christie Brinkley. Showing my age i think.

1 hour ago, Rodd said:

Very nice.

Thanks Rodd.

Excellent work!

This is yet another outstanding addition to the amazing portfolio of pictures taken with the ASI1600MM - and particularly as you did this unguided.

If I was a 10 Micron owner and had just coughed up thousands for a mount I think I'd be in therapy LOL!

I haven't tried my ASI1600MM with really short subs, I've kept them around 5min but tonight I'm going to re-shoot the Leo Triplet in 60 second subs having turned off the guide camera :-) and see what happens.

Again, outstanding processing and results!

David

23 minutes ago, David_L said:

Excellent work!

This is yet another outstanding addition to the amazing portfolio of pictures taken with the ASI1600MM - and particularly as you did this unguided.

If I was a 10 Micron owner and had just coughed up thousands for a mount I think I'd be in therapy LOL!

I haven't tried my ASI1600MM with really short subs, I've kept them around 5min but tonight I'm going to re-shoot the Leo Triplet in 60 second subs having turned off the guide camera :-) and see what happens.

Again, outstanding processing and results!

David

Look forward to seeing the results of that David as was thinking my next upgrade may be the ASI.

2 hours ago, Tangoringo said:

Look forward to seeing the results of that David as was thinking my next upgrade may be the ASI.

OopS! I linked to the wrong link in my comment above (I've changed it now) - I meant to link to my post here :-)

3 hours ago, David_L said:

Excellent work!

Thanks David. If i wasn't planning a dual rig i'd be regretting upgrading to the az-eq6 when the eq3 would be more than capable.

2 hours ago, nucdoc said:

Wow! Just stunning, and sobering considering that this was short, unguided subs!

Appreciate the comment Mark.

2 hours ago, nucdoc said:

Sorry, forgot to ask, what are your sky conditions?

Sky conditions are good. Rural Ireland although i live in a housing estate with public lighting and random neighbour lights to deal with.

41 minutes ago, PatrickGilliland said:

Nice work - as Olly points out the game is afoot, this may well change the way we all approach our imaging over next few years.......

Appreciate that thanks Paddy.

Fantastic stuff! Oh dear, my wife's going to kill me when another camera turns up :confused2: By posting your magnificent effort you've gone a long way in helping me to pull the trigger on one of these :icon_biggrin:

8 minutes ago, RichLD said:

Fantastic stuff! Oh dear, my wife's going to kill me when another camera turns up :confused2: By posting your magnificent effort you've gone a long way in helping me to pull the trigger on one of these :icon_biggrin:

Send it to my address. I'll take good care of it and you could pop down and pick it up discretely in a couple of years...

Olly

15 minutes ago, RichLD said:

Tis grand. You can always get a new wife.

On 3/28/2017 at 23:03, Allinthehead said:

Hi Olly. Thanks.

I stretch using a combination of levels and finish with an anchored curve. When you say headbanging curve stretch, do you mean as a first move in processing?

I find that a curve like this (followed by a second less extreme one etc) gives more contrast in Ha and sometimes in luminance.

Ha%20First%20Curve.-L.jpg

On 3/27/2017 at 19:37, ollypenrice said:

Olly

Re processed using the above method as an initial stretch. It destroyed the stars but i was able to fix them using the first image as a layer. 

rosette6hrMadCurve.thumb.jpg.9ed62e4a59d778daf247c32015631183.jpg

Archived