Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Princeton Tec Remix Red LED Headlamp Review

Preservation of night vision is key to a successful night of astronomy, but an astronomer also needs to be able to see what they are doing.  Keeping both hands free is something I find very useful but actually finding a headlamp which was suited to astronomy has at times seemed like a fools errand.  The last headlamp I purchased a few years ago turned out to be quite useless for astronomy as the lamp cycled through each brightness setting (including a bright white one) to reach of the off setting.  With star party season upon us once again, I decided to take another crack at finding an ideal headlamp, picking up the Princeton Tec Remix.  I have put the lamp through its paces and have not put my thoughts into a review which you can find on the link below:

http://alpha-lyrae.co.uk/2017/03/26/princeton-tec-remix-red-led-headlamp-review/

Princeton-Tex-Remix.jpg.27d6481f491872300630ddc910874232.jpg

Hope you find the review useful.

• 2 weeks later...

How do you find the brightness of the red light?  I have a cheap / cheerful red headlamp, but the red light is over-bright.   When looking at white paper (books etc) it's too bright, might put some scotch tape over it or something like that...

With fresh batteries it is perhaps a touch brighter than ideal but definitely useable. After 24 hrs (I suppose you could leave it on for a day to get there) it is much more appropriate. Even with a deliberate partial run down of the batteries, it should run for an entire season of use (especially in the grey UK! :icon_biggrin:).

Archived