Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep24_banner.thumb.jpg.56e65b9c9549c15ed3f06e146fc5f5f1.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Beyond_Vision

Sadr and NGC6910

After seeming to take ages to set up and get good focus excetra the clouds rolled in to stop play. I waited up until it finally cleared at 2:15 only to find the Moon was well and truly up in the east. I decided to have a quick stab at the Sadr area of Cygnus. The image was taken with a Canon 400D.
Exposures 11 x 5 mins @ ISO800. Stacked in DSS false flat with Pix Insight LE and finished in PSCS3 with Noels Actions. The Moon was washing everthing out and and I was running out of steam so only managed 55 mins. This area really needs a modded camera and more time spent on it.

7872_normal.jpeg
(click to enlarge)

Regards

Kevin

Hi Kev,

Interesting we both chose a similar area of sky to image lastnight... :(

It's going to be a longer term project when (or if) we get a spell of weather :)

Billy...

Yes Kevin, what a frustrating night it was :) Still, at least you got something nice, I think I only managed two useable frames.

TJ

Excellent image Kevin, your efforts just get better and better.

Steve.

Very nice image Kevin, there's quite a bit of nebulae floating around in that image. :)

Yep!, things may have conspired against you Kev; but it is still a lovely image.

Ron.

Thanks for the compliments guys certainly plenty going on in that area. Lets hope the sky clears to add some more data :)

Regards

Kevin

That's an unusual one Kevin, and very nicely captured too.

Don't know where some of you guys are finding these bits of clear sky from, because they're sure as hell, not around here. :)

Dave