Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Adjusting the reticule position on a Polarscope

Hi,

Might be a dumb question, but has anyone found a way to rotate the Polarscope reticule on an AZEQ6-GT?  Reason:  in order to get the 'clock' in a correct angle I have to move the RA Axis, (so that 12 is up and 6 is down).  then after finishing PA the mount needs to be re-started after resetting the RA to the 'weights down' position for the mount to know that it's starting from the home position.  There are the three adjusting screws for centering the reticule, and then a couple of locking rings, and a knurled wheel which seem to only hold the setting circles in place.  other than that, the whole assembly is just screwed into the mount until it is tight.

Here is the engraving to show you its the 'new' style...

Thanks for your help in advance

post-242076-0-76710600-1441200800.jpg

The position wont make the slightest difference and will alter throughout the year but if you want to change it then add some spacers (the skywatcher ones used to come with 3 or 4 thin washers), the spacer/washers can me made from cut up coke cans or plastic lids etc.

Alan

P.S. the spacer goes over the threaded part of the Polarscope.

thanks for your responses, I will try the thin spacer idea.  I realise the position will change during the year, (and during the night..), but the synscan will give position of Polaris as a time for that moment and date setting, (eg 03:25), so the clock needs to be with 0 in the correct position.  Perhaps easier to explain with another picture, this is a good iphone app btw..

As I am writing this, i notice the 'set zero point' on the app screen, (even if i dont have the 'pro' version).  it seems there is an option to build in the offset into the app, which might just get me to the same result as trying to shim the polarscope.  it would mean that i wouldn't be able to rely on the synscan polar position number any more, and could go straight on to alignment without reverting to the home position and cycling the power... i will post again if it is correct..

cheers

Mike

Image result for skywatcher new reticle

Archived