Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M101 DSLR

Adam J

50 x 300s ISO800, CLS Filter, HEQ5pro, 130PDS, Cooled Canon 550D.

I am not sure if its worth continuing at 5min exposures or to add 10min exposures to help bring out the outer spiral arms more and merge in PS?

Or will that detail eventually come out at 300s if I increase the total exposures up to about 100?

58d7dd065a999_Autosave010-processed4.thumb.jpg.3f467db031b7e59b3859e06cf55d857d.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Edit: Updated version opinions wanted please.

58dd87e757fa9_Autosave010-processed4small31.thumb.jpg.8944758a2a22e9878b365437548c2b8f.jpg

Nice capture.

Is your 550D filter modded? How did You add coolong to it?

Also, i see you used the cls filter, ive seen a lot of bad talk about it as far as galaxies and Star color - do you image from a very heavily light poluted area, or do you still find it helping for galaxies also? I live in qn Orange zone and i still cant decide on using it or not. For emission nebulas for sure though... :-) 

32 minutes ago, Jannis said:

Nice capture.

Is your 550D filter modded? How did You add coolong to it?

Also, i see you used the cls filter, ive seen a lot of bad talk about it as far as galaxies and Star color - do you image from a very heavily light poluted area, or do you still find it helping for galaxies also? I live in qn Orange zone and i still cant decide on using it or not. For emission nebulas for sure though... :-) 

The camera is full spectrum modified. I use the non IR blocked Asrtonomik CLS Clip along with an IR/uv block.

I have had it cooled for a long time, but only just getting around to writing it up in this thread in the DIY astronomer section:

I am in a yellow zone, i get bad gradients without it. It tends to make things look purple but you can correct in processing, this is only my third galaxy so am no expert. I normally focus on nebula.

You can only try with and without.

Archived