Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep24_banner.thumb.jpg.56e65b9c9549c15ed3f06e146fc5f5f1.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
ollypenrice

Colour in Globulars

I tried Noel's Actions on this one - the tool for increasing star colour - and liked the result. (The Action just measures the colour in the outer part of the star and applies it to the whole. I say 'just'... )

Olly.

post-15040-133877345436_thumb.jpg

That's a beauty!

Could you PM me some details about the 'olliday side of things please?

TJ

Lovely colour in that fluff Olly :) of course, NOW I can't call it a snowball :? :(

Marius

Hi TJ,

Glad you liked M13. You can find out about how things work here on the website (rather an old one - sorry!) but in a nutshell you can rent the whole house with or without telescopes or come on a B and B basis. There are guest observing sites (free with the house) or you can use my kit on the astro deal. Your Email is hidden but you can contact me on les.granges@hotmail.co.uk.

My site is www.lesgrangeastro.talktalk.net

I can tell you more and send some recent pics.

Cheers,

Olly.

That's a very nice M13, nicely presented and full of stars, but (sorry to be the dissenting voice here!) not sure if I like the effect of the 'Star Colours' tool, myself. It seems to make the stars look a bit flat and, well, non-stellar, in my subjective opinion.

Ah well - maybe it's because I do everything on a DSLR, and all I do is wind up the saturation... I'm not very sophisticated!