Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep24_banner.thumb.jpg.56e65b9c9549c15ed3f06e146fc5f5f1.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Psychobilly

Gamma Cygni Neb 4x2 degrees

Another first night with the un-modded 350D image this time the Gamma Cygni Nebula with Gamma Cygni (Sadr) at Center.

First "rough" Image Resized to 800 Wide.

GCN_23-08-08_WIP-800.jpg

Canon 350D (un-modded) on Skywatcher Equinoxe-66 Pro, William Optics FF III, Hutech Idas P2 Filter

Lights 9x240s @ ISO800, 5 Darks, 10 Bias

Billy...

Very nice indeed Billy ,that is some wide field there , so much going on in that area of the sky ,

Nice work.

Rog :)

You've captured a good chunk of that area Billy, nicely done. I had spent ages last night getting set up only to have the clouds roll in. It didn't clear until 2:15 and cloud was scudding across still and the Moon was well up in the East. I had decided to have a quick bash at Sadr myself but didnt pick up as much nebulosity as this.

Regards

Kevin

Thanks peeps,

Wanted more data for this shot but ended up with 9x240s before I deceided to move on to IC1936 what with luna and cloud-dodging... I wanted a few different targets before deciding how quickly to mod the 350D ....now where did I put my jewellers screwdrivers....

Impressed by the fact that I can bascially use the full frame withthe 350D whereas I would loose a fair bit to the D200 frame to Amp-glow even with flats..

Billy....

Billy..

Again, that's lovely Billy. I'm surprised so much nebulosity came through on an un modded camera, just think what you will get when its done!

Save this data though, it would be transformed by a flat on it.

TJ

Hi TJ,

Camera's done so a re-vist is called for :(

Will process the current data in PixInsightLE with DBE had reasonable success with it ont he IC1396 image (I have posted the re-process in the widefields section)...

When is a widefield a widefield :)

Billy...

Great work Billy, the second image has come out very nicely indeed.

Cheers

Rob