SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Equatorial mount reccomendations

AuGRa

Im relatively new to stargazing and i would like to get into astrophotography, which is why im asking:  what are the best motorised equatorial mounts to buy with a budget of 300-700 Euro's.

Thank you for replying. Ive been looking for a second hand HEQ5 pro for the last couple hours but I'm not able to find one. Does anyone have any advice on where to find a second hand HEQ5 pro?

I searched a lot for a well priced second hand HEQ 5 pro goto mount close to me and i just couldn't find one. However i did find a secondhand EQ6 pro goto synscan mount for a price of 450 euros (382 pounds or  479 usd). Would y'all say this is a good mount at a good price? Again I am very new to the hobby and I would like to get serious about astrophotography so i'd love some advice.

11 hours ago, AuGRa said:

I searched a lot for a well priced second hand HEQ 5 pro goto mount close to me and i just couldn't find one. However i did find a secondhand EQ6 pro goto synscan mount for a price of 450 euros (382 pounds or  479 usd). Would y'all say this is a good mount at a good price? Again I am very new to the hobby and I would like to get serious about astrophotography so i'd love some advice.

That's a very good price for an Eq6. They usually go for around £600/ £700 used. 

I'd be weary of something being wrong with it for that price. Are you able to inspect it/ see it working before purchasing?

Archived