SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

wot missing?

iapa

Was wondering what wis missing from he observatory.

• OTA - check
  • mount - check
  • guiding - check
  • computers - check
  • wifi hub/ap - check

then it hit me.

No bleeding walls!!!!!!

5F1EBC5B-9EC8-4F3C-B900-3F8D41F540A6.JPG

Yeah, pretty good view from SW mount to E. There is a town about 4 miles off to the North, but, its not too bad.

Gear is only out for a trial run for today - weather forecast is clear all the way through to tomorrow evening.

Normally it is on a desk in the lounge with active USB cables running out to the mount(s).

I wanted to see if I can have everything outside in preparation for a holiday in three weeks on the Norther Isles.

Plan is that I would only need to run mains and ethernet outside. Shortly will just be mains, as I am going to add a power-line adapter out there so only one cable running out.

A couple of ventilated plastic boxes put the PCs in... then tidy up cabling around the mounts.

1 hour ago, Skipper Billy said:

I would look at some sort of weatherproofing for all those exposed 240v plugs and sockets !!!

Even if its just upturned plastic boxes to keep the dew/moisture off.

the reel lives in a zippered lined cool bag - once everything has been plugged; didn't see much point while I was still setting up :)

Archived